wxeyeNH

Hurricane Isaias

7 minutes ago, CarverWX said:

Does the wind pick up now that we are in the dry slot?

My wind has definitely not died down since the rain ended before 5, and in fact seems gustier.

Eversource fail. Reporting my outage via phone and their site both fail. Such a simple thing for them to get right. Power outages and weather aren’t unexpected.

By some miracle, my house has power. I have no idea how. There was only one road left for me to get home. I spent the best part of an hour getting detoured by downed trees and burning powerlines. This is the most impressive tree damage I have personally witnessed. Far exceeds anything I saw in Boston in Irene or Sandy. It's a war zone out there.

• Like 2

Getting reports of power already out in the lakes region in Naples with this first line going thru reports of some strong gust with that.

Finally seems to have quieted down. Down the road a shed blew threw a fence and is in the middle of the road. I have a pic of it but I can’t seem to upload.  Shame.  Overall a crazy storm wind wise.

• Like 1

Gusting to 40-45 on the Cape now. Sunny at times but really windy.  Not crazy but getting worse by the minute.  Worst maybe the next hour. 

8 minutes ago, Chrisrotary12 said:

As expected. The line was yawn here. Maybe gusted to 35 mph.

Seems like most of interior MA east of about the Quabbin didn’t get into it much. Kind of weird that CEF/BAF got hit but ORH on the exposed ridge was a total snoozer. Just the way it goes sometimes though. The interior can be really fickle when it comes to these things. Seems like interior CT to interior RI still got solid winds. Big winner was the south coast obviously...but that was advertised from the start. 

46 minutes ago, DavisStraight said:

I was saying the same thing them Bam! sideways rain then when the sun came out the wind was pretty good. My yard is a mess with branches, no trees down yet.

My road is closed due to downed trees and lines.   

43FF860B-BC03-4BB1-B2C2-769994B3B002.thumb.jpeg.e5029581694cbc74ff4d18dad6e64664.jpeg

16 minutes ago, Chrisrotary12 said:

As expected. The line was yawn here. Maybe gusted to 35 mph.

Same for Bow.

For the NH peeps I think it ramps up behind this line. That’s the one that ramped the wind up SW of here after its passage.

C3589180-8E98-4E09-B529-EE6996FFFE3E.gif

5 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Brief glimpse of sun even up here. In the eye?

Eye of the tiger?

1 minute ago, dendrite said:

For the NH peeps I think it ramps up behind this line. That’s the one that ramped the wind up SW of here after its passage.

C3589180-8E98-4E09-B529-EE6996FFFE3E.gif

We’ll see how it does there. It was a dud in central/interior E MA

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

We’ll see how it does there. It was a dud in central/interior E MA

Did it go through E MA yet?

Just now, dendrite said:

Did it go through E MA yet?

Maybe E MA only got the first line. We’ll see how it goes in the next 60 min. 

FIT did put up a 45kt gust which is solid for that crater. Somehow ORH only went 44kt. 

Still a bit of time though under the max LLJ. 

This one's for you @Damage In Tolland

A big POS tree that my neighbors and I have been warning the town and Eversource about for years just lost a limb and wiped out my 60 year old ornamental cherry. I just eliminated the black spot fungus thats been plaguing it for years and it was doing awesome.... figures. 

Resized_20200804_182837.jpeg

• Sad 1