• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Hawkeyecr
    Newest Member
    Hawkeyecr

June Discobs 2020

2 hours ago, Rvarookie said:

Heading to obx next week so figured weather would suck. How bad does it look?

Same with me. Looking pretty gross. Hoping for a shift in the meantime so we get some sun. I’m good with sunny and afternoon storms but it looks like a 3-4 day wash right now.

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, SpringfieldSkins said:

Same with me. Looking pretty gross. Hoping for a shift in the meantime so we get some sun. I’m good with sunny and afternoon storms but it looks like a 3-4 day wash right now.

Agree. Sun and storms are fine. But dreary cloudy rainy days just suck

Euro is a bit drier for the next 2 days vs the GFS and GGEM, but soaks us all late weekend until early next week.  Areawide 1.5-3" total counting this week. 

• Like 1

Mid-morning discussion from LWX mentioned unsettled weather from the weekend through early next week.  Afternoon forecast for here has wall-to-wall sunshine from Friday through Tuesday.   :huh:

November can’t come fast enough.  I feel like this winter will suck less than last winter.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, BristowWx said:

November can’t come fast enough.  I feel like this winter will suck less than last winter.  

That's going out on a limb brother.

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, WxUSAF said:

Euro is a bit drier for the next 2 days vs the GFS and GGEM, but soaks us all late weekend until early next week.  Areawide 1.5-3" total counting this week. 

Bring it. GGEM looks pretty wet for early next week as well. GFS, not so much.

1 hour ago, BristowWx said:

Next winter has to look up as it can't get much worse than last winter.  Even using the term "winter" to describe last year's season is a stretch by any measure.  Hard to subtract anything from near zero - the result is still near zero.  Any winter where trace events are counted and/or fractions of an inch have any relevance is like trying to paint a turd - it still smells awful.  

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Wonderdog said:

That's going out on a limb brother.

I know.  But as RDM pointed out how much worse can it be?  Famous last words 

5 hours ago, SpringfieldSkins said:

Saturday is now looking completely dry and Sunday should feature periods of dry weather as well. Friday night looks wet

3 hours ago, WxWatcher007 said:

First year in history with negative snow.

Let's hope the negative tally is not something that can be carried over into next "season" (I'm loath to use the "W" word).  

Geeze...  here we are in the middle of June; still basking in the aftermath of last year; peering ahead to what may lie in store for us 5+ months from now.  We need some exciting weather of some form to shake things up...

Next week's storminess looks to last a few days with temps in the mid 70s, and very muggy. Ocean temps have risen to the upper 60s to near 70 off the coast. Then probably sustained heat after the 19th/20th.

Still some major differences with how guidance handles the upper low for next week. Euro digs it much further south and west, towards the lower Ohio Valley, and it hangs around longer. Latest GFS runs have it further NE and more progressive. Euro looks to dump a bunch of rain SW of our region, mostly in the mountains.

1 minute ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Still some major differences with how guidance handles the upper low for next week. Euro digs it much further south and west, towards the lower Ohio Valley, and it hangs around longer. Latest GFS runs have it further NE and more progressive. Euro looks to dump a bunch of rain SW of our region, mostly in the mountains.

Slight 7" difference in rain totals for CHO area.  

• Haha 1

84/76 

Edit: now 87/77 just before 11 AM here. Should reach around 93F later today.

Edit 2: Almost three quarter of 12 PM, temperature has reached 90F/77F

48 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

The worst weather

We should have this until about Halloween. then we can expect partly crappy and 50 until Easter.

• Haha 2

Well, looks like next weekend could potentially be the hottest of the year so far, unless something changes, as it is far out

DIT from New England will be very happy.

Current temp is 93/77. Hottest of the year so far I think.

Mount Holly's take for early next week. Probably a good move to go with the Euro over the flip flopping GFS at this point lol.

By Sunday, models begin to diverge with their solution. The GFS begins to open up the closed low to our west and lift a trough to our north, while the ECMWF keeps the closed low in place. Both models have showers impacting the region through Sunday and Sunday night. However, as we go into early next week, the GFS develops ridging aloft and surface high pressure, while the ECMWF keeps the surface high to our north with the closed low across the Mid- Atlantic region. We will stay closer to the ECMWF since it has had better consistency and the GFS is a complete 180 from 24 hours ago, even 12 hours ago. This will keep an unsettled forecast for the first half of the week with a chance of showers each day, although it likely will not rain the entire time period.

• Like 1

Heavy rain missed my yard by about 3 miles as it approached from the SW and then scooted by to the west and northwest.   Nice gusty winds at least knocked back the heat.

Looks like I will be watering this evening.