• Member Statistics

    16,026
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    Bobby Orr
    Newest Member
    Bobby Orr
    Joined
George BM

June Discobs 2020

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, BlizzardNole said:

Even though it's just 73 out right now, you can just tell it's gonna be a hot one.  Hoping for thunderstorms tomorrow.

Speaking of "HHH" -- I noticed last summer that the hazy "H" was missing on a lot of hot days.  Air seemed clearer.  I remember those HHH days back in the 80s when the sky and air had that milky appearance.  Yuk.

Air pollution controls have worked. There’s been a notable decline of code purple or code red pollution days in the area over the last 20 years. Add in the COVID quarantine, and this year has had the best air quality in decades. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WxUSAF said:

Air pollution controls have worked. There’s been a notable decline of code purple or code red pollution days in the area over the last 20 years. Add in the COVID quarantine, and this year has had the best air quality in decades. 

I'm only in my late 20s and even I've noticed a huge difference in summer air clarity the past 5-ish years compared to growing up in the late 90s/00s. Code red and orange days were pretty regular and would often last for days in a row. That combined with mild asthma really made me hate summer sports. I can't remember a stretch like those recently though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think BWI was the first of the three local airports to hit 90 this year.  Does anyone know if BWI's sensor is still running warmer than usual?  Didn't they pave an area near the sensor a couple of years back?

I may have to change my BWI guess in the contest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

I think BWI was the first of the three local airports to hit 90 this year.  Does anyone know if BWI's sensor is still running warmer than usual?  Didn't they pave an area near the sensor a couple of years back?

I may have to change my BWI guess in the contest.

Yes, bwi has been running warm relative to other stations since last year. Departures relative to normal have been pretty consistently higher than DCA and iad.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

90 in takoma park with dews creeping up.  Got the AC cranking and the sprinkler on standby for the kids. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MN Transplant said:

A nice cool stretch, and then the heat returns and we immediately obliterate a record high (95 at IAD vs the record of 89).

That’s a weak record though. But, then again, 95 on June 3rd is legit

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, WEATHER53 said:

112 in the direct  sun max today, highest of the year 

Who cares? That is not how the temperature is measured.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pretty good hail here. Also the storm had some rotation. Wind switched direction pretty suddenly during the storm right as the hail set in.  Nothing too crazy gust wise. Maybe 40-50mph. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Sprinkler is running. No confidence in the hit and miss showers hitting my yard.

Good call mr hateful troll that wants to muck  up a weather thread with chastizements   about one manner of observing the effects of heat. And thanks for the primer dipshit on temperatures. 

. Mods did a great one way street job once again on keeping a weather thread about weather .

About  time Cape you drop your childish resentments from years ago over being bested by me time after time. Maybe you can vent with some Floyd “protests” Oops not on topic by me-well apparently staying on topic in a weather thread is no longer required. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, WEATHER53 said:

Good call mr hateful troll that wants to muck  up a weather thread with chastizements   about one manner of observing the effects of heat. And thanks for the primer dipshit on temperatures. 

. Mods did a great one way street job once again on keeping a weather thread about weather .

About  time Cape you drop your childish resentments from years ago over being bested by me time after time. Maybe you can vent with some Floyd “protests” Oops not on topic by me-well apparently staying on topic in a weather thread is no longer required. 

 

lol

You are a weird dude.

eta- Get it right- I am a bitter man, not a hateful troll, and it seems you are the one who "mucked up" the thread with this post.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1.5" with that first line, including some back-building when it appeared to be ending. Looks like that next batch to the west might add a little more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.