• Member Statistics

    16,026
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    Bobby Orr
    Newest Member
    Bobby Orr
    Joined
George BM

June Discobs 2020

Recommended Posts

Tomorrow evening through Monday lookin reallll nice:drunk:

I'm going to take the Buick GN up to York,Pa for the east coast street rod nationals.  They "officially canceled it" but everyone will be cruisin route 30 anyway.  Plus local businesses need this badly. 

.70" -- 2 day total 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1.6 from tonight’s deluge and 1.3 last night. Back to back nights with 5-10 minute intervals where it raining as hard as I’ve ever seen, 1” in 10 minutes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, WEATHER53 said:

1.6 from tonight’s deluge and 1.3 last night. Back to back nights with 5-10 minute intervals where it raining as hard as I’ve ever seen, 1” in 10 minutes.

Bolded is pretty darn impressive.  Definition of deluge . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Ugh. Lol.

7C2658CA-C8BD-4663-8E6A-116E0248DEF3.thumb.jpeg.3d5fb47186e006cc9f710cd1b8b7c6be.jpeg

The localized nature of rainfall in the summer can be painful.

My run of frustration lies ahead I'm sure. Always seems to happen at the worst time here.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m not expecting anything today and am watering the garden after a dump run this morning, so maybe I get surprised this afternoon. Also, water here is silly cheap, but a sprinkler isn’t the same as rain water.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

I’m not expecting anything today and am watering the garden after a dump run this morning, so maybe I get surprised this afternoon. Also, water here is silly cheap, but a sprinkler isn’t the same as rain water.

I just put down fertilizer that is not supposed to be rained on for 24 hours, so, expect some downpours.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Steam bath out there. 78/74

Might be interesting when the front comes through later.

Looking forward to the next few days. Should feel awesome after our first bout of heat and humidity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, peribonca said:

What’s the eta for frontal passage in DC?

Late afternoon/ evening.

One inhibiting factor for storm development is the flow ahead of the main front is likely to bring some drier air into the area this afternoon. I will be keeping an eye on the dew point here. Its sultry as hell out there now. Just do anything for a few minutes and you are soaked. Already took a shower.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Late afternoon/ evening.

One inhibiting factor for storm development is the flow ahead of the main front is likely to bring some drier air into the area this afternoon. I will be keeping an eye on the dew point here. Its sultry as hell out there now. Just do anything for a few minutes and you are soaked. Already took a shower.

Not nearly as bad here today compared to yesterday. I worked outside most of yesterday and I’ve already had 2 quarts of water this morning. I guess the Natty Boh’s yesterday didn’t help.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, nw baltimore wx said:

Not nearly as bad here today compared to yesterday. I worked outside most of yesterday and I’ve already had 2 quarts of water this morning. I guess the Natty Boh’s yesterday didn’t help.

Maybe some drier air has advected in over there already. It is hideous here.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is why some drier air probably gets in ahead of the front and possibly keeps any storms rather isolated this afternoon/evening. We  are on the backside of the pre-frontal trough that moved through overnight.

gfs_z500_vort_neus_2.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

83/69 with a nw breeze . Not bad . The humid air seems to be getting mixed out some.

Bit of a breeze here too now. Still hella humid.

84/75

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, losetoa6 said:

85/62 . It's the dry heat :whistle:

There are some storms firing up now in southern/eastern areas with the juice still in place. Looks to be scattered/isolated though. Probably be pretty intense for places that get under one though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.