Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
June Discussion

RUNNAWAYICEBERG

2 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

88-95 for all. Glad NNE gets the golden torch award. They seem very happy.

90/53 for 29% RH.  

The one big thing I notice with the low dews is that there’s still a substantial comfort difference between sun and shade.  The shade feels 15F cooler and almost nice.  Then in full sun you feel the torch.  When it’s humid it seems not to matter.

1 hour ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Humidity sucks for me and I know it’s coming but the desert dry is one of my favorite types of weather.  I guess it’s not that much different from me liking below zero temperatures even if we are not getting snow.

Yea. I like the dry heat. When I was in Vegas a few years back it was like 100/40 constantly and it felt good. Yes it was hot but it doesn’t suffocate you like 85/70 can. 

3 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

Atlanta hasn’t hit 90 this year

They have had a lot of tough luck with clouds and being close to the cut offs

2 hours ago, TheBudMan said:

Wiz - Ring of Fire, MCSs rolling down from UP or Michigan or are we too close to right under the bubble ?   Plus Rev doesn't like it as it'll shunt anything from the tropics into the coast south of us. 

Think we’re a bit too close. But certainly something to watch b/c slight changes in the orientation of the pattern could mean getting slapped in the face with the D’s

54 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

They have had a lot of tough luck with clouds and being close to the cut offs

Think we’re a bit too close. But certainly something to watch b/c slight changes in the orientation of the pattern could mean getting slapped in the face with the D’s

You live in SNE... there is no being slapped with D's up there in your face... you'll have to bend over if you want one

• Weenie 1

1 minute ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Yea. 80/55 type stuff is optimal. Enough to do water activities while still good for everything else outdoors.

Yep. I’ll even be fine with 85 if dews stay in the 50s. You can do both pool and non-water outdoor activities in that. 

85/68 is useless if you aren’t at the beach or pool. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Yea. 80/55 type stuff is optimal. Enough to do water activities while still good for everything else outdoors.

Yeah it doesn’t have to be this hot... I definitely enjoy the novelty of big heat though in NNE.  Certainly wouldn’t want this all summer though.  

I’m also a big fan of the drastic changes that seem to happen up here...from a weekend of highs in the 50s with folks lighting wood stoves, to going on a run of 86-93 style heat right after that. 

At least it’s been real dry with great sleeping weather and 90 doesn’t feel that bad when relative humidity is under 30%.  

10 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yep. I’ll even be fine with 85 if dews stay in the 50s. You can do both pool and non-water outdoor activities in that. 

85/68 is useless if you aren’t at the beach or pool. 

I don’t mind it at all. Used to hate it. It’s not bad with a breeze like we had today. 

• Weenie 1