Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
June Discussion

RUNNAWAYICEBERG

19 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

Can't wait...finally get to have TP stuck to the fanny and waking up in the AM with sheets plastered all over the body and as you peel them off your bare skin the tingling sensation slowly trickles from your head, down your spine, and into your legs. 

W.W. That sounds pretty good to me. Is it legal and can you do it alone? As always ....

11 hours ago, PhineasC said:

I don't have A/C... :( I hope it cools off during the day soon. This is hotter than I expected.

Everytime someone moves up from the south to NNE, They bring their weather with them, Looks like its no different here with you.........lol

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, dryslot said:

Everytime someone moves up from the south to NNE, They bring their weather with them, Looks like its no different here with you.........lol

Except for aviation dave. He had a gift. For awhile there I thought he was Ullr. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Except for aviation dave. He had a gift. For awhile there I thought he was Ullr. 

Yeah he moved up in like late winter 06-07 (when interior MA up into NNE was on a huge rally in the 2nd half of that winter)....then he gave everyone '07-'08 and '08-'09....I think he moved back before the dud '09-'10 winter?

He basically probably lived in SE NH during one of their snowiest 2.5 years on record.

1 hour ago, dryslot said:

My first full summer in Vermont, BTV hit  100 f twice.  My memory is that it had only reached 100 twice before in the 100 or so years or record keeping at the time.

My only two winters living in NH were 07-08 and 08-09.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah he moved up in like late winter 06-07 (when interior MA up into NNE was on a huge rally in the 2nd half of that winter)....then he gave everyone '07-'08 and '08-'09....I think he moved back before the dud '09-'10 winter?

He basically probably lived in SE NH during one of their snowiest 2.5 years on record.

But he brought it to the MidAtl in 09-10 and left us high and dry. That’s when I really feared he had some kind of special power. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, dendrite said:

But he brought it to the MidAtl in 09-10 and left us high and dry. That’s when I really feared he had some kind of special power. 

Opposite of Eyewall... he moved to BTV and then the airport went two full calendar years without seeing 6" or more in a single event.  Of course, he finally got a 30-incher in March 2017 but man that was a rough stretch starting 2015.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

84/57... off this morning's low of 48F.

After back--to-back days of 43 degree diurnal ranges, we should do at least 40 again today. 

Looks like BML is close to a 40 degree swing so far this morning already.

Nice to see DIT lurking, hopefully he comes back with the heat.

Already 88° at BML. 

Just now, dendrite said:

Looks like they got a puff of decent mixing to shoot up. Back to 86° now and calm. 

Very cool to see that wind kick up and a fast temp jump, love how it's all connected.

Crazy dry air too, this looks like the 3rd or 4th day in a row without even shallow Cu over the mountains.  That's very hard to do in the warm season, especially with temps this warm. 

2 hours ago, dryslot said:

True.  We moved from NNJ to BGR in January 1973 right after their snowiest December on record, and immediately had 40s when the normal is 20s.  Got a moderate snow in late month, quickly extirpated in a torch/deluge, and that was it for real winter. The next winter began with the snow-to-downpour event in mid-Dec that had us with RA+ and 56° while my parents in NNJ were at 15 with IP (and western SNE was hammered by ZR), and 1973-74 was only saved from being BGR's least snowy by post-equinoctal storms.  Mid-90s in July 1974 then 102 on Hot Saturday the following summer - never had a real "Maine winter" month until Dec 1975, our last in BGR.

The effect didn't carry over to our Jan 1 move to Ft. Kent - the minima for 9th-13th were -33, -36 ,-24, -41, -37.  :o

• Like 1

Just now, tamarack said:

89/61 noontime at CAR - should be in HI numbers next hour.  Need 7° to tie their all-time high.  Also 89 at MLT but dews still in the 50s. 

The dews are the only thing right now from making this more unbearable, Next 3 days though......

1 hour ago, klw said:

Abnormally dry conditions expanded this week on the NE drought monitor:

20200616_northeast_chng_PW.png

Current Northeast map here:

https://droughtmonitor.unl.edu/CurrentMap/StateDroughtMonitor.aspx?Northeast

The garden is starting to dry out now, grass is browning...need some rain soon, at least the mosquitoes have been easier to deal with this year. I am sure they will come fighting back with EEE later this summer...