• Member Statistics

    16,623
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    friday
    Newest Member
    friday
    Joined
Sign in to follow this  
wxeyeNH

April 27 2020 late season snow event

Recommended Posts

46 minutes ago, #NoPoles said:

Nothing here! And I've never been so happy in my life about not getting snow! I am so ready to transition out of winter

Good luck.  We don't judge.  

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oops, my other post was wrong thread....moved it.

Still wonder if we get a few flakes in E MA this late afternoon/evening. 900mb gets down to around -4C....with -2C getting just below 925mb. So if there's anything steady, it may make the surface as flakes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've commented in NNE thread (I think) that I go to the sugarloaf webcam almost everyday. Until this weekend all but the base cam was shut down. It is wall to wall there right now. For Sugarloaf to be honest, I'm not sure if we've had enough 'nice' days to make for a good spring season. i look occasionally at the superstar at killington and it remains loaded with snow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Angus said:

I've commented in NNE thread (I think) that I go to the sugarloaf webcam almost everyday. Until this weekend all but the base cam was shut down. It is wall to wall there right now. For Sugarloaf to be honest, I'm not sure if we've had enough 'nice' days to make for a good spring season. i look occasionally at the superstar at killington and it remains loaded with snow.

Up this way, Stowe is pretty much 100% skiable still.  A couple locals I know poaching the uphill found 8" up there this morning and two foot drifts on Goat.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, #NoPoles said:

I am so ready to transition out of winter

I feel the same, especially since this is by far the coldest April of my life, but now I’m learning that in New England you have to fight tooth and nail for spring.

And here in SNE it isn’t even winter... it’s that crappy March-like middle ground that’s too chilly and dreary to enjoy but too warm for snow.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Fozz said:

I feel the same, especially since this is by far the coldest April of my life, but now I’m learning that in New England you have to fight tooth and nail for spring.

And here in SNE it isn’t even winter... it’s that crappy March-like middle ground that’s too chilly and dreary to enjoy but too warm for snow.

You came a little too late to experience the string of winter Marches in SNE....we'd been on a March snow binge before this year. Your 'hood probably had 16-17" last year on 3/4. Then of course we had the back to back monsters in March 2018 with snow cover basically the entire month (ditto 2017 on near-entire month snowpack).

 

Hopefully we have a real winter next year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dryslot said:

All that snow and lifts are quiet, Awful, Guys i know are still riding up in the Jackman elevated areas.

Some buds in St Agatha and Sinclair sent pictures of Guys burning on Long lake yesterday too...going real late yet again this year way up North.  
 

Im just looking forward to next season now...hasn't been a good winter in more ways than one here.  Let’s move on with Spring and summer already is my feeling.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, WinterWolf said:

Some buds in St Agatha and Sinclair sent pictures of Guys burning on Long lake yesterday too...going real late yet again this year way up North.  
 

Im just looking forward to next season now...hasn't been a good winter in more ways than one here.  Let’s move on with Spring and summer already is my feeling.  

I've move past it, Been out fishing the last couple weeks.

  • Like 1
  • Weenie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Took a weenie drive to the WaWa access rd about 15  minutes away. Non accumulating Snow level is basically 1400’. Waves of big flakes followed by brief mixing, with a cloud of white above. 35 in the car so still pretty warm. 

  • Like 2
  • Weenie 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, NorEastermass128 said:

37F and windswept rain.  May 1st a few days away.  Just pure, unadulterated suck. 2020 style. 

0EDD9580-7C4E-40D5-9663-B59972E23039.jpeg

Great pic

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wasn’t prepared for a walk and of course my phone dies just as i got to the good stuff. However, got a few pics on the way up pine hill trail. Just after the intersection with the access rd., trees were plastered and sticking to road along edges. Probably an inch and a half. Was all snow down to about 1400’ leaving, but not sticking as i left, just big flakes. Above these pics (directly before rd) it got plastered quickly.

AC42F3EA-1676-46CB-BD45-019DEE5CE99F.jpeg.eaba8422185788c66776aaea8896fd7a.jpeg1A588AC0-602D-44E8-9657-8CBD098DB47A.jpeg.ddacecef5543b0c3cda3ba98473736ca.jpeg970ADEF1-5B87-4245-B075-5E115C2131D8.jpeg.3369ed9975d492bcc1fa7da09b161a1f.jpeg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We were def just getting some cat paws splatting on the deck outside in these heavier echos. I was out covering the grill after dinner and didn’t believe it at first so I double checked and the temp is down to around 36.5-37 so it’s definitely likely 90-95% melted flakes that I saw. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.