Newest Member
    CHSVol
April 27 2020 late season snow event

wxeyeNH

1 minute ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Ya I’m at 3k

seems like a good spot good reception 

just put an order in for chicken breasts lol

the snow is mixed w sleet. That cam visibility is misleading bc we are in and out of the clouds / fog 

The summit is close to 4K though right? Like 3,800 or so. Have you hiked up there? It looks like all snow on the summit cam.

Just now, dendrite said:

Even the weeniest high elevation meso sites in NH are in the 39/35 ballpark right now. Lost River at 1800’ is 39/35 and -RA. So there’s some work to do, but that was expected. 

Yeah I just saw some of the sites on WxNet6 out of the Albany area reporting snow like in the Catskills at 1,900ft are snowing but obs show 35F.

There is a 2.1" report out of Schoharie County at 1,500ft in Warnerville but the reported temp at observation is 34F.

If those elevations under than band are still only mid-30s with wet snow, it's got some work to do.

3 hours ago, wxeyeNH said:

Your about the same as me.   52.3/28. 

This is the time I would be having the family argument .  Please can't we just stay till tomorrow?  Other half.  Let's get out of here before any bad weather!

Trust me, I tried!

We're getting furniture delivered tomorrow, so I was probably going to lose regardless. Pick your battles. 

I told her I would head back north if the NAM, NAM3k showed improvements. Didn't see it.

• Weenie 1

1 minute ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Stratton mountain 

went to about 3150’. Definitely snowier at 3k than 2.5’

The houses at Stratton go as high as 2570’ must be highest in New England 

VT has the 2.5k (or whatever it's called) where no homes above 2500' I think. Some parts of S VT (Woodford area) and Florida MA are near 2500'. Highest house in my hood is just under 2k

1 minute ago, MarkO said:

VT has the 2.5k (or whatever it's called) where no homes above 2500' I think. Some parts of S VT (Woodford area) and Florida MA are near 2500'. Highest house in my hood is just under 2k

There’s def a few homes at Stratton that go over 2500. I’ve looked like pickles probably has. They get close to 2600 right on the mountain there. Big homes that cost a lot of $$ though. Lol. 

1 minute ago, MarkO said:

Act 250... it's possible to develop above 2,500ft but it takes a lot of paper work and environmental studies and different regulations.  Better to just say under 2,500ft.

5 hours ago, OceanStWx said:

You can see it pretty clearly on visible satellite, there's some slantwise instability in there that's probably increasing rates. 

I'm expecting the bulk of that to slide across my higher terrain areas, but I'm not sure my coast can get into it.

How much of it do you own?

• Haha 1