• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
April 27 2020 late season snow event

wxeyeNH

The storm is disjointed on more recent runs. You actually have the best part of the WCB getting shoved east into the gulf of Maine and Nova Scotia with a weaker piece back over New England. Then the CCB tries to get going a little bit back over NY state before it jumps east over Maine (and tries to graze E MA late Monday)...

The disjointedness really lowers the potential in this compared to a couple days ago when some of those runs were more coherent with the WCB/CCB combo.  

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

There might be remnant upper level low garbage, but I think we can squeeze out a decent day. Of course another deep trough follows up....but we are heading into May now. You can’t stop the eventual seasonal changes. Eventually the nice days get even nicer. 

I don’t know how people like Ineedsnow can enjoy this with kids. This is the worst possible pattern. Maybe he has them chained in the basement like Sloth.

Lol. Yesterday was awesome 60’s and warmth . Felt like early summer . Mulching despite Garth liking ugly landscaping. Let’s hope more of those next weekend 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

There might be remnant upper level low garbage, but I think we can squeeze out a decent day. Of course another deep trough follows up....but we are heading into May now. You can’t stop the eventual seasonal changes. Eventually the nice days get even nicer. 

I don’t know how people like Ineedsnow can enjoy this with kids. This is the worst possible pattern. Maybe he has them chained in the basement like Sloth.

He raises hell in the house lol. We take him out as often as we can..  non weather related but might be moving to belchertown .. not the valley but not the hills . Hopefully  more snow though being a little higher :)

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I hope you’re kidding. It makes everything look pristine . There’s nothing worse than looking at landscaping that is not taken care of. What do you do in your flower beds? 

It's about using the proper mulch and not the 3 for $10.00 abomination bags of dyed construction debries that you probably get at Lowes or Home Depot.  Plis the proper base prior to laying down wood mulch...grass clippings, leaves, etc. Do you provide compost prior to the mulch?  True cedar chips are one of the best mulches, not that filth that you probably get.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

28 minutes ago, ineedsnow said:

He raises hell in the house lol. We take him out as often as we can..  non weather related but might be moving to belchertown .. not the valley but not the hills . Hopefully  more snow though being a little higher :)

Increase in latitude and elevation won't hurt.  You would still suffer from a downslope off the  Worcester Hills which can get more pronounced the further north in the valley you go, especially in bigger storms with the big easterly fetch.  Maybe Belchertown is good for maybe 6-9" additional snow per year than Enfield  depending on elevation I would think.  

14 minutes ago, Cold Miser said:

It's about using the proper mulch and not the 3 for $10.00 abomination bags of dyed construction debries that you probably get at Lowes or Home Depot.  Plis the proper base prior to laying down wood mulch...grass clippings, leaves, etc. Do you provide compost prior to the mulch?  True cedar chips are one of the best mulches, not that filth that you probably get.

I just posted something in the lawn thread from here, but there’s lots of options from the local landscape supply store here with natural mulch options with varying color. I may do the horti-mulch this year to help feed the plants and shrubs at the same time. 
32DD50E9-D92B-4235-ABEA-077EC7CE5684.jpeg

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, dendrite said:

From inches and inches of snow to inches and inches of mulch. Another swift kick to the nads from winter 19-20.

Rev and Garth could be on after Tiger king. Garth drives up to 1k and destroys Rev’s competing mulch beds then urinates on his last patch of snow...then celebrates at electric blue. As Garth is there bragging..little does he know ..Rev is in the stall next to him double tapping 

• Haha 4

15 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

That 6z EURO and the early 12z HRRR and meso guidance is pretty meager everywhere.  Just never gets the strong conveyor belts going all the sudden.

Stringing things out is definitely a problem, we need the rates for something special below 1000 ft. But the HRRR tends to be a little too warm in the boundary layer, so likely has trouble producing snow.

Just now, dendrite said:

56° right now before noon. Hard to believe it could accumulate snow tonight. I’m not expecting much here. Maybe Gene can get a little surprise.

50.5/29   I don't know what to think.  My neighbor who lives 300 feet higher than me has a long steep driveway and messaged me an hour ago and asked me if he should spend time and hitch his plow.  I told him if he can hunker in till Wed PM all should melt off of his asphalt driveway but 32/33F snow is heavy and greasy.  I put my snowblower away and will just let it melt.  If I'm to guess I'm thinking 3 or 4" for me???   Wonder how much qpf I'll waste getting temp down?

5 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

50.5/29   I don't know what to think.  My neighbor who lives 300 feet higher than me has a long steep driveway and messaged me an hour ago and asked me if he should spend time and hitch his plow.  I told him if he can hunker in till Wed PM all should melt off of his asphalt driveway but 32/33F snow is heavy and greasy.  I put my snowblower away and will just let it melt.  If I'm to guess I'm thinking 3 or 4" for me???   Wonder how much qpf I'll waste getting temp down?

Shouldn’t Noyes already know?

2 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Shouldn’t Noyes already know?

Matt and Danielle really cherish their privacy and time with their kids.  I was cleaning brush along our wall and in front of his driveway yesterday and could see through the woods they were in the yard.  I just hesitate to be too neighborly and walking up the driveway to say hi or to ask Matt what he thinks.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ORH_wxman said:

The storm is disjointed on more recent runs. You actually have the best part of the WCB getting shoved east into the gulf of Maine and Nova Scotia with a weaker piece back over New England. Then the CCB tries to get going a little bit back over NY state before it jumps east over Maine (and tries to graze E MA late Monday)...

The disjointedness really lowers the potential in this compared to a couple days ago when some of those runs were more coherent with the WCB/CCB combo.  

Stunning developments...

• Like 3
  • Weenie 1