Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
April 27 2020 late season snow event

wxeyeNH

7 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Randolph to Rangeley corridor. That’s the best bet at the moment for good snows from both WCB and CCB. 

I was thinking ( given recent trends) of a ride Monday toward the cog railway . That 6 mile road goes above 2K as you get to the backside of MWN . Believe parking lot is around 2300-2400’

1 minute ago, dendrite said:

Would be funny if this completely fails here altogether. I’m cheering on rain now...either go big or go home.

It looked big yesterday but not so much today.   I don't know why I was cheering on a big 12" birch bender that could cause power issues.  Sun coming out strong now as low clouds move SE.  Should be the nicest day yet of spring??

1 minute ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Looks like dejavu for Maine If that capture can occur in that area 

looking at 5H that run it looked early on (Sunday am) that the upper support was a bit further east and thus was able to capture the surface low further west of 6z 

Yeah looks like capture is near Ptown in Gulf of Maine. 

everything I mentioned/concerned for this thing is happening ...creeping, it's slowly transformative toward a typical cat paw cold rain elevation bore..

It's typically solar mangled normalizing in the closing/modeling as it nears we see in spring ...

Overly conserved baroclinic physics at this time of year, in the model complexion in mid ranges, tends to do this and systems get shredded when short termed.   Unless the system is above a certain magnitude of SD kinematics ... May 77 or some April systems of yore...etc... which this one does not possess in my opinion. As I stated, it is too open and stretching/progressive, so a marginal atmosphere needs the opposite to happen - it needs to be slowing down with height falls once we get passed ( really ) March 20th... 

It'll snow somewhere...but that idea of blue cake for more pervasive entertainment was probably more of a red herring -

4 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

NAMNE_925_temp_060_zpsnldvuvs6.png

Can anyone find the CCB?

May be better up your way in Maine...

If that happens in the day-light hours of Tuesday with that -2 to marginal appeal, it's not doing much down this way - we'll see the snow level a few hundred fee up while a couple bigger aggs get down..Those fields have nice geometry and form with that cyclonic wrap...  but are not deep/amped enough for nearing May post sun-up... we'll see.  interesting -

41 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

It looked big yesterday but not so much today.   I don't know why I was cheering on a big 12" birch bender that could cause power issues.  Sun coming out strong now as low clouds move SE.  Should be the nicest day yet of spring??

We're in our own special zone of overcast suck right now, but at least it's whittling away.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

12z reggie running 

has been a real southern outlier at 0z and 6z with WCB (doesn’t go out to CCB timing at this time frame )

It's still pretty far south. The high res ARWs are near the cape. There is definitely a convective and baroclinic element messing with the models.