Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
April 27 2020 late season snow event

wxeyeNH

12 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

That is a lot of QPF in Central New England...

Anyone over 1,500ft is likely all snow there too. 

nam-218-all-vt-total_precip_inch-8053600.thumb.png.e5a891c8f7842edae14909d23bb557f2.png

As a member of the American Wx Forum Society of East Central Vermont Residents living at 1240' and having nowhere to go next week, I approve of this model run and say l-l-l-l-l-l-l-ll-l-ll-Lock It!

• Weenie 1

I can already imagine how peaceful the monads will be Monday ....hoping it doesn't go much further north.  Rollins state park or Miller state park both go to 2.5k on access roads and the walk up those would be so peaceful. In the event it goes further South i would probable try Weenie ridge wawa.

If anyone has the time and can drive safely to a nice spot like that...i have not regretted one of those trips

28 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Gets ern and NE MA into some light snows Monday aftn and evening, Unreal.

Almost every model run today has had that. Even the northern NAM there. Further south runs have a bigger impact but it’s telling that even the northern runs are trying for it. 

Something to track at least. 

10 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Those EPS probs are a little eye opening for people like Dave, Subdude..even bitchminster.

Yeah, you'd have to think the bigger bust potential is on that southern side rather than the northern side of those probabilities.  Like Hubb vs. up in this area.  Despite similar probs it seems like it would be easier for ORH hills area to get 6"+ than my neck of the woods.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Seems the latitude gain our system has had on 18z guidance when it’s along N Kentucky/ Ohio border after  6z Sunday is key for  where the WCB snow / warm layer sets up

18z models have taken the Low NE to central Ohio and K PIT instead of 12z tracks which were more due east after 6z Sunday 

The 18z ncep suite was def north. We’ll see if that sticks or not. Seems like we’ve been oscillating quite a lot from run to run.