• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    WXMal4
    Newest Member
    WXMal4

March Banter 2020

5 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

I mean, when the greedy ass sports leagues are all shutting down, that says something about how critical it is to engage in social isolation.

I just need my go to beer places to stay open another day or 2 .:yikes:

I am NOT stocked up!

Uh oh!

I suppose I’m kind of fortunate because I loaded up on really quality beers in preparation for my birthday, for which my wife organized a big bash  yesterday. But since we cancelled it I’m neck-deep in beers right now! :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, mattie g said:

Uh oh!

I suppose I’m kind of fortunate because I loaded up on really quality beers in preparation for my birthday, for which my wife organized a big bash  yesterday. But since we cancelled it I’m neck-deep in beers right now! :lol:

Up for a visit?:D

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Good to see these establishments doing what is necessary for the greater good, despite the fact they are fuccking themselves.

Looks like they will still have carryout and delivery available for now . Who knows what tomorrow will bring :yikes: but after work I need to stock up on food, water and BEER . I went Friday and no bottled water was left. 

1 minute ago, losetoa6 said:

Looks like they will still have carryout and delivery available for now . Who knows what tomorrow will bring :yikes: but after work I need to stock up on food, water and BEER . I went Friday and no bottled water was left. 

I am thinking of doing a midnight Walmart run for general food and stuff. Still will probably be a disaster. I am good on booze for now- small town with 2 places that have all necessities. Decent selection of craft beers and excellent on wine and liquor.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

I am thinking of doing a midnight Walmart run for general food and stuff. Still will probably be a disaster. I am good on booze for now- small town with 2 places that have all necessities. Decent selection of craft beers and excellent on wine and liquor.

Probably not a bad idea( look out for lots of spandex wearing patrons at that hour ). I'm hoping to make good coin this week( busy week ahead ) so if things get ugly I can baton down the hatches the following  week or more if necessary but my gut says the US has purposely been slow playing the restrictions and shutdowns in fear of a mass panic if they pulled the plug all at once . I bet by midweek we have alot more restrictions + closures. 

My partner was able to go liquor shopping on Friday during the day while I was at the office for the last day until further notice.

He picked up 7 liters of potato vodka, 3.5 liters of Tanqueray gin, 1.75 liters of Jameson whiskey, and restocked our Cointreau. That should tide us over for 3 weeks. 

We accidentally ordered 144 rolls of toilet paper by mail late last year so we are still all set in that department.

• Haha 9

25 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Walmart has new hours that go into effect today. Any 24 hour locations will switch there operating hours from 6am to 11pm.

9 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

I’m sure you know that I’m kidding. Restocking and cleaning a Walmart is not a job I’d want. Kudos to those that do.

I had that job once! I got the swine flu (literally) :lol: 

Good people though. Not the easiest job.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

I’m sure you know that I’m kidding. Restocking and cleaning a Walmart is not a job I’d want. Kudos to those that do.

I am a Store Manager at a Grocery store and we have changed our cleaning and sanitizing processes to combat the coroniviris. 

Also Ive never seen a run like this before. Snow storms we get hit hard and then we are very slow for a few days after. This just keep going and going. The supply chains are unable to keep up. Our warehouse is completely out of TP. 

Edit - I ve been in grocery retail for 25 years and Ive never seen anything like this.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chris78 said:

I am a Store Manager at a Grocery store and we have changed our cleaning and sanitizing processes to combat the coroniviris. 

Also Ive never seen a run like this before. Snow storms we get hit hard and then we are very slow for a few days after. This just keep going and going. The supply chains are unable to keep up. Our warehouse is completely out of TP. 

Edit - I ve been in grocery retail for 25 years and Ive never seen anything like this.

I think you and @leesburg 04 have common careers.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

I think you and @leesburg 04 have common careers.

Its going to take weeks to catch up. Grocery stores are crushed. If your in the grocery bussiness your living in a different reality right now than what your accustomed to.

b

11 minutes ago, nj2va said:

I just got back from Target ...the cleaning supplies, toilet paper, paper towels, and all cold/flu remedies were completely gone. 

been that way since Thursday/Friday

1 hour ago, Chris78 said:

Walmart has new hours that go into effect today. Any 24 hour locations will switch there operating hours from 6am to 11pm.

Yeah I saw that. Kinda blows my plan. Will be a madhouse when they reopen in the morning.

2 hours ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Yeah I saw that. Kinda blows my plan. Will be a madhouse when they reopen in the morning.

Vegas is closing.  Wow.  

This whole work from home thing....

I have a business that employs 24 people. 24 people that depend on having a place to work every day in order to support their family.  I am currently struggling with, not just riding one thin line...but riding several at the same time. 

I cant pour concrete from home. I cant excavate from home. I cant give quotes from home. I cant enter a closed permit office. 

Trying to protect the office staff...trying to protect our service crews that have customer contact multiple times daily, trying to protect our customers, trying to protect our construction crews...it's all freaking daunting. 

The retraction in revenues is absolutely impossible to predict.  What else do I do but prepare for a worse-case scenario?  Example - Travel restrictions for non essential personnel lasting greater than 4 weeks.  Those preparations and changes that will protect us personally from a worst-case scenario will greatly impact a very minor segment of the local population.  But, I am just one hole in the wall business...This will have a long-term effect on our economy and general way of life, IMO.  You cant just spring back from 8+ weeks of America "down-time."  

I truly hope  I am wrong.  If it's anything like my snowfall prediction...hey, we'll be in good shape!  Just venting to someone other than my wife.... 

• Like 3
  • Sad 3

5 minutes ago, poolz1 said:

I have a business that employs 24 people. 24 people that depend on having a place to work every day in order to support their family.  I am currently struggling with, not just riding one thin line...but riding several at the same time. 

I cant pour concrete from home. I cant excavate from home. I cant give quotes from home. I cant enter a closed permit office. 

Trying to protect the office staff...trying to protect our service crews that have customer contact multiple times daily, trying to protect our customers, trying to protect our construction crews...it's all freaking daunting. 

The retraction in revenues is absolutely impossible to predict.  What else do I do but prepare for a worse-case scenario?  Example - Travel restrictions for non essential personnel lasting greater than 4 weeks.  Those preparations and changes that will protect us personally from a worst-case scenario will greatly impact a very minor segment of the local population.  But, I am just one hole in the wall business...This will have a long-term effect on our economy and general way of life, IMO.  You cant just spring back from 8+ weeks of America "down-time."  

I truly hope  I am wrong.  If it's anything like my snowfall prediction...hey, we'll be in good shape!  Just venting to someone other than my wife.... 

That’s terrible to hear. Small businesses are the backbone of America. Here’s to hoping this passes soon and everything ends up ok for you, your family, and your employees and their families. Hang in there. 

• Thanks 1

Stock futures just hit the down limit.  The hits just keep coming.  Just think no snow was our biggest issue not that long ago.  

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, poolz1 said:

No doubt this will be tough on you and your crew. Just wondering though, there’s no restriction on you working, is there?

7 minutes ago, poolz1 said:

auto repair here. we are and have to be very close to our customers as we need to get in their disgusting cars that are filth and look like hoarders live in them, un clean .

and my employees can’t fix cars from home.  also same boat i’m on a tight rope of over taxed being in moco.  trying to keep my employees employed.  

most wont and don’t understand.   

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Stock futures just hit the down limit.  The hits just keep coming.  Just think no snow was our biggest issue not that long ago.  

Beyond frustrating. No economic stimulus seems to help — the market knows what’s coming. Just gonna have to ride it out and watch it hit the floor.

1 minute ago, NorthArlington101 said:

Beyond frustrating. No economic stimulus seems to help — the market knows what’s coming. Just gonna have to ride it out and watch it hit the floor.

Tomorrow will be a new level of ugly.  Double Black Monday.  

It’s a burden we all bear.  That was an irresponsible statement they made.  I wonder who approved that message. 

8 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Is this real? :yikes: 

Hopefully no one goes.  I’m actually pretty surprised that the country has responded as well as it has with the shutdowns, etc.  It will be interesting to see how long it can last though.  But every little bit counts.