• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    georgefernandis
    Newest Member
    georgefernandis

March Banter 2020

13 hours ago, C.A.P.E. said:

UMD could use a convincing win at home against a pretty good opponent, coming off a sloppy loss on the road that wasn't at all unexpected given how they have generally been winning ugly lately.

This worked out well.

38 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

This worked out well.

That was rough. MSU really had a hot hand all night. Felt like they couldn’t miss sometimes.

1 minute ago, C.A.P.E. said:

@losetoa6

How did you like that 120?

I'm still here lol. Surprisingly pretty decent.  I sipped it like top shelf Brandy :D 

I'm getting another 6 pack ....before ( I mean ) after church. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

I'm still here lol. Surprisingly pretty decent.  I sipped it like top shelf Brandy :D 

They only sell em in 4-packs or as singles. Should be able to get it for 36, but considering you had to pay 10 for a single where you got it, probably more like 40. :yikes:

Yay Spring! 

30 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

5 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

They only sell em in 4-packs or as singles. Should be able to get it for 36, but considering you had to pay 10 for a single where you got it, probably more like 40. :yikes:

Tough to find in these parts lately. Maybe I’ll try to brew a clone to get Losetoa6 over to get him drunk and take advantage of his sloppy pool game.

• Haha 3

24 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

@C.A.P.E.

They actually had them sitting in a six pack labeled $10 individually in Westminster . I only got 2 but I could of bought the 6:drunk:

Ah that's how they are doing the fleecing lol. Breaking out singles and making their own 6 pack.

• Weenie 1

1 hour ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Tough to find in these parts lately. Maybe I’ll try to brew a clone to get Losetoa6 over to get him drunk and take advantage of his sloppy pool game.

Hey ..I'm game. I do my best work under the influence.

BTW...your friend that night looked pissed lol . Hopefully he's forgotten about that night and buried the hatchet . :axe:

6 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Hey ..I'm game. I do my best work under the influence.

BTW...your friend that night looked pissed lol . Hopefully he's forgotten about that night and buried the hatchet . :axe:

I’m not sure who you’re talking about, but I don’t think anyone remembers much from that night.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, C.A.P.E. said:

This worked out well.

the offense was yet again too conservative which is a fairly common theme under turgeon.  instead of driving and dishing, they play too much iso/hot potato.  i'd also like to see cowan scope out the lane more.  drive and find the open man.  too many times he's getting stripped or blocked at the rim instead of weaving in and out of traffic.  if he's going to dribble down the court and hand it off right away, then guys like morsel, wiggins, and ayala need to put the ball on the floor and get to the rim more often.  i think they can still make a run, but they can't play this conservative style offense against blue chip teams like msu.

also, a couple key stats from last night are boards and fouls.  terps got outrebounded by 6 and msu had 11 more fouls which indicates to me right off the bat that msu was the aggressor.  i want to see the terps attack more going forward whether it's cowan or any of the other wings.  msu also had 9 more assists.  i think all of this points back to them being too passive on both sides of the floor.  if they stay in attack mode without becoming a bunch of hackboxes, they've got enough talent to play with just about any team because of their court balance.

9 hours ago, Chris78 said:

Solid road win. Sets up a big game at home vs the flyers who is suddenly flying up the standing. 

They seemingly came out of nowhere. I’ll be at Wednesday’s game. 

19 minutes ago, nj2va said:

They seemingly came out of nowhere. I’ll be at Wednesday’s game. 

Hopefully the gane turns out better than the last flyers game that I was at.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, nj2va said:

Big game tonight in MN for the Caps.  Up late in the 3rd.  @Chris78 @nw baltimore wx@Scraff

That was a super solid win last night. Would be great to actually build off it. We need the W on Wednesday night. Betting it’s going to be an intense playoff-like atmosphere. 

• Like 2

On 3/1/2020 at 7:46 AM, WxUSAF said:

That was rough. MSU really had a hot hand all night. Felt like they couldn’t miss sometimes.

I was actually at the game...seemed like every time MSU got an offensive rebound they made the following shot.  Got too much in the hole again and couldnt dig out. Sucks because the crowd was electric for the times it got kind of close. But for the most part, we just couldnt get into the game

3 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

That is awesome!  I don't see how those houses aren't damaged.

Yea, that would freak me the F out if it was my house. Back in 02 when I lived in Germantown our townhouse had an ice dam on the eaves from PD2 snow melt and it ran behind and down the siding. Created a frozen waterfall on front of the house. Thankfully it was a rental. lol. Owner said don't worry about it he'll fix it in the Spring. LOL

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

What’s 17 degrees between friends? LOL 

image.png.dddaf59361c3617efdacd4b757fe9eda.png

17... 22... what's it matter?

Of note, I thought all the local news was calling for the 60s so maybe it's a data problem on LWX's website.