• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    maley.chris78@gmail.com
    Newest Member
    [email protected]

Feb 20-21 OBS ( all bets off)

That’s a cool image.
Live report from ILM. No snow on ground...lol. 

and thank goodness my kids school (in Charlotte) didn’t cancel class today. 

Thanks to everyone's input on this board the past few days. Lots of fun following this one. We enjoyed a nice, albeit slushy, walk in the snow last night in N Raleigh. Trees look great this morning before the sun goes to town and melts it all.

2020-02-21.jpg

• Like 7

What a horrible storm for us. Picked up 1.40" of rain followed by maybe an inch or 2 of snow, judging by looking out the window at 2 am, but by dawn most of it has melted. 

Ended up with about 3 here. Looks like jackpot with this system was well south of here. We never got the frontogenesis across large areas of the state that the models showed, slp was weaker and further east and south. The shear from the st jet that gave us all the over-running early, hampered the coastal development I think. Nice marginal event though. One of the best snows for looking great in the trees in a while!

Thanks for all the diligent tracking folks!

Trees from the front yard:

2-20-20Snowlowres.jpg

• Like 6

Just did a drive through franklin county and it was absolutely beautiful up there! Definitely more snow than Raleigh. By no means a high end storm for the state but a lot of people saw a couple inches and it stuck to the trees real pretty. And it’s lasting past noon lol. A reprieve from a terrible winter that I didn’t think we’d get so it made me happy. Said I’d be happy with 2 imby and I got more than that so I’ll take that as a win. Now on to work for a half day... 

I am at work now and I actually got 1-2" more at my house than here (about 10 miles north of my house) but ground still covered, the wind was from behind the building so the ground closest to building was protected

work.thumb.png.910295ab9cdcfd46284d7e6d4533079a.png 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, magpiemaniac said:

“Little pink houses for you and me...”  :guitar:

Wonder if there's a young man in a T-shirt listening to a rock n roll station, or a woman in the kitchen cleaning up the evening slop...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, eyewall said:

From Raleigh this morning at suriseimageproxy.php?img=&key=4c6452e0fc83486cimageproxy.php?img=&key=4c6452e0fc83486c

Snow1a.jpg

@eyewall I live in DTR as well and I know the developer of those houses.  I shared with him a link to your pic and he wanted to know if he could get an original copy.  Did you take this pic?  If so, would you be willing to share it?

15 minutes ago, BullCityWx said:

It is really struggling to warm up today 

Havent broke 32 yet with the snow cover. Overnight low was 20 but our forecast high was 40. Will be intrested in what we crash to tonight.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Isopycnic said:

1.4” . 0.38” melted

So I have yet to have my ambient 2902 get any snow in the rain gauge since I got it last year. Whats the best way to measured the liquid after melting? 

Might be a dumb question but.. 

Thanks and congrats on the snow