Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 13 threat

ORH_wxman

34 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Looks about the same here for snow total, Have some parachutes falling now in this band.

Final visible (thru the window screen) flakes just before noon, though ASOS at the AP was still reporting snow.  Nothing interesting upstream either.  Looks like CF thru N. Maine - FVE 13 with NW wind, MLT 31 and calm.

2 minutes ago, 512high said:

Your 1st call was good...I measure in three spots at my shop around 530am then again 630 started to get freezing rain etc. 2 spots early were 2 3/4", then sunk down 2 1/4" +/- amazing how excited we get pennies and nickles

Yea, it was pretty good...maybe a bit too light south, but not bad.

I'll post it later.

• Like 1

Cannot accumulate much snow with a temperature of 34 degrees all day, therefore I cannot reasonably give the appropriate amount of snow since about 80 percent of it melted on impact, but all in all the event seemed a little flatter and most certainly the surprise event yesterday that was originally supposed to have been a mostly rain event turned out to be the bigger snow event with over 11 cm (4.3 in) in my valuation. 

3.7" which melts down to 0.68" liquid, yielding a slightly greater than 5 to 1 ratio. There was some sleet and the snow was dense. HRRR and 12 km NAM did a good job with QPF forecast, 3 km NAM overdone as usual. All of the models did a decent job with the mix/snow line, but the 00z suite last night was ever so slightly too cold since it was keeping the line closer to the VT/MA border. Probably within the realm of model noise though since I'm only 5.5 miles north of the state line. Regardless, the model snow maps were awful, both 10:1 and Kuchera. 

FYI, Monday's event yielded 1.02" of liquid from the 9.0" of snow.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, wxmanmitch said:

3.7" which melts down to 0.68" liquid, yielding a slightly greater than 5 to 1 ratio. There was some sleet and the snow was dense. HRRR and 12 km NAM did a good job with QPF forecast, 3 km NAM overdone as usual. All of the models did a decent job with the mix/snow line, but the 00z suite last night was ever so slightly too cold since it was keeping the line closer to the VT/MA border. Probably within the realm of model noise though since I'm only 5.5 miles north of the state line. Regardless, the model snow maps were awful, both 10:1 and Kuchera. 

FYI, Monday's event yielded 1.02" of liquid from the 9.0" of snow.

Yeah it was prob 5:1 or 6:1 in my area when all was said and done.  

• Like 1

Good forecast, but not perfect. I think @Ginx snewx mentioned that it may snow a bit further south than I had suggested.

Nice call, bud.

I would have been better served to extend the 1-3" to the pike, as opposed to near route 2. And the under 1" totals to the south shore, rather than Boston.

https://easternmassweather.blogspot.com/2020/02/thursday-213-verification.html

Thursday First And Final Call.png

Verify.jpg

• Like 2

Just now, HoarfrostHubb said:

Your call was really well done.   I don’t think it was the most challenging but you laid it out well

Yea, it wasn't hard. I punted the Final revision  map, but I may have shunted south a bit if I had done it.

Wasn't worth it....in December, I would have, but not at this point lol

• Haha 1