• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Feb 13 threat

ORH_wxman

Figured I'd start this because we're inside of 3 days and we need a place to discuss this storm where it won't get drowned in the negativity of SNE's snow drought.

Looks like another storm mainly for NNE, but can't entirely rule out a thump in SNE....I'm betting against that for now given the synoptic setup of no good high to our north, but still a couple days for this to trend.

Here's the problem for the colder solution highlight in green on the map in Quebec.....you can see that little wedge of low pressure sneaking in at the perfect time between our two high pressures. If that was just one large bridged high, probably looking at an almost forum-wide warning event...or at least high end advisory to low end warning.

Feb10_12zGFS66.png

1 minute ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

I’m expecting to be disappointed here.... but it’s close enough to a thump even here on some guidance it’s worth keeping an eye on. If it doesn’t happen, nothing lost.

Yeah I'm keeping expectations low to the northwest of you here....but I'm gonna track it regardless. I'd feel pretty comfortable for something plowable if we can get 30-40 miles of S trend in the next 36 hours....or the equivalent of...could also get a colder trend without necessarily coming south the whole 30 miles.

I tend to see the ICON sometimes as the predictor for the EURO with the track just to my south.  Currently only marginal cold air is available on all models so I will not be surprised that either it retains or we see marginal NW trends with the same results of slightly above freezing with a changeover to rain or mix.  My guess is only 2-4" of wet snow but maybe even 5 inland with the lower end towards the southern coast".  

• Weenie 1

7 minutes ago, Ogmios said:

I tend to see the ICON sometimes as the predictor for the EURO with the track just to my south.  Currently only marginal cold air is available on all models so I will not be surprised that either it retains or we see marginal NW trends with the same results of slightly above freezing with a changeover to rain or mix.  My guess is only 2-4" of wet snow but maybe even 5 inland with the lower end towards the southern coast".  

I think the Ukie dictates more where the Euro "may" be going.

• Like 1

Just now, dryslot said:

I think the Ukie dictates more where the Euro "may" be going.

Yeah that's the only real predictor of the Euro I've ever seen in terms of another model foreshadowing the Euro....and even that relationship is not overly reliable.

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah that's the only real predictor of the Euro I've ever seen in terms of another model foreshadowing the Euro....and even that relationship is not overly reliable.

And at times there both at other ends too, So you can't just say when it comes out that.s where the Euro is going.