• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 13 threat

ORH_wxman

KASH is tough call....could be 1-2" or they could get 4-5"....I'd lean more toward the 1-2 at the moment, but they might be in a spot that gets a good 3-4 hours of moderate to heavy snow. Too marginal at the moment to make a definitive call....I'd prob just call it 1-3" right now and decide tonight ot tomorrow if I was gonna up it to 2-4/3-5 or back down to 1-2/C-2

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, dryslot said:

I received 3" in that one, The year of nickels and dimes.

Very much so.  And even though I'm a bit ahead in total snow, my biggest event would rank 3rd on your list.  Apart from 2005-06 which didn't have even a 6" event, I've got to go back to 1967-68 in NNJ to find a winter without a storm greater than my current 7" max.  Thursday is unlikely to be that storm, but there's time.

7 minutes ago, tamarack said:

Very much so.  And even though I'm a bit ahead in total snow, my biggest event would rank 3rd on your list.  Apart from 2005-06 which didn't have even a 6" event, I've got to go back to 1967-68 in NNJ to find a winter without a storm greater than my current 7" max.  Thursday is unlikely to be that storm, but there's time.

Thursdays could tie your max with any tics further north i would think, But i kind of like the 5-7" spot on most guidance potentially right now, Still a lot of time though.

57 minutes ago, MetHerb said:

lol...that can make all the difference to the people in that 5 miles.

Yeah assuming it's not just model noise. That's the thing with microscopic shifts....they may not mean anything since they are well within the margin of error for the model output.

But if we knew that 5 miles was real, then yeah....it would help those in N MA and near NH border somewhat I would think.

4 minutes ago, 8611Blizz said:

Harvey has  the 1-2" line right to the coast. Bouchard has an inch to the coast but sounds very iffy with even that in Boston.

Yeah it’s pretty warm at the sfc..esp near coast. It’ll need to rip for a couple hours to get an inch or more. Definitely possible but I wouldn’t feel great about it. 

You're definitely going to need to play with fire to win with this one. Higher QPF is south where there's more mix and rain, lower QPF to the north where it's all snow. Hard to tell exactly where the best overlap is between the max QPF and <= 0° C thermal profiles, but it's either right over me or just to the north. Very close. Backedge up in Manchester looks to be in a slightly better position than I from the looks of it right now. 

If I stay mostly or all snow, I could easily get another 6"+ event. 

I could see it go either way here: 6-8" of snow that ends as a bit of freezing drizzle or 2" of snow that quickly goes to sleet/freezing rain. Models are showing that local QPF max over the southern Greens again; it's just a question as to what it falls out of the sky as. 

• Like 1