Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 13 threat

ORH_wxman

4 minutes ago, Fozz said:

I’m on the fence between Okemo and Mt Snow for the weekend. Looks like Mt Snow will likely get more from this storm, but how much worse are the crowds, especially for Presidents Day weekend?

Go to Okemo.  Bigger Mountain (more vertical) and more tolerable crowds than Mt Snow.   Plus from your location Okemo is possibly a shorter ride.

• Thanks 1

Wow, snowing pretty good now.  31/26   SN      Hopefully rip for a few hours.  

Earlier Tip alluded to the E - W elongation of the best lift helping to overcome the putridness of the antecedent airmass but only over a somewhat narrow geographic latitude.  My guess is right along the MA/VT/NH border favoring the N parts.

1 hour ago, Fozz said:

I’m on the fence between Okemo and Mt Snow for the weekend. Looks like Mt Snow will likely get more from this storm, but how much worse are the crowds, especially for Presidents Day weekend?

Mount Snow has been having lift problems, Canyon Quad was closed early today due to mechanical issues. Bluebird and GSE where both hit by lightning in January, it's not an issue now, but it was during MLK weekend. Also, since Vail bought them last Fall, alot of employees quit. They didn't have enough staff today to run Sunbrook.

They also own Okemo, but I'd go there.

• Like 2