Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February to Forget Volume 2 - 2020

TalcottWx

1 minute ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Man, RT 2 has definitely been the battle ground this year.   January was not great but it has been almost consistent snow cover on more than half the yard since Dec 2nd.  

I think the snow to sleet and ice storms have definitely helped with staying power.  I have 2-3” of cover that probably has over 1” of water in it.  Even though a lot of the snow was front end of winter it still has felt like a pretty long stretch of winter already.  

I can’t imagine my mood would be great if I had gone through what a lot of SNE posters here are going through.  Hopefully we all get one region wide cash in before spring!

I had a pack like that for about 10-12 days in January. It didn’t feel much better to me. Super long stretches of no major storm threats getting inside of 4 days is really the defining theme to me the past 7 weeks. I probably would have been grumpier if it was temps closer to normal or colder than normal and bare ground. But having constant highs in the upper 30s to low 40s didn’t have me super excited that there was a 2 inch half-thawed glacier on the ground. 

Im definitely a snow pack guy too...but I also prefer some legit storms to track. It’s been really boring. Seems like each event we’re tracking pennies and the occasional nickel and usually slop/transition events...outside of VT of course where they got that solid CCB a few days ago. 

Either way, hopefully there’s something to track that gives a solid chance for warning snows to a good chunk of the forum. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I dunno...you literally posted a 75 hour NAM map that shows zero precip falling in SNE and no commentary. 

It's pretty bad when a moderator tells a forum member he/she is a "shitty poster". I am waiting for MJO to post another 50 times how bad this winter is. I mean honestly he never learns.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Rtd208 said:

It's pretty bad when a moderator tells a forum member he/she is a "shitty poster". I am waiting for MJO to post another 50 times how bad this winter is. I mean honestly he never learns.

Posting maps without any backing discussion has historically been grounds for a warning

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Great week to have a ski vacation up North 

If things break right, ski country could do really well over the next 10-12 days. There’s actually several little threats in there and none of them look to be super cutterish. 

5 hours ago, KoalaBeer said:

From there AFD.

The peak wind of the day so far was at the top of Kirkwood  
  Mountain with a gust of 209 mph. If this observation is verified 
  as accurate, then that could be the new California record high 
  wind! This is an unofficial measurement until it is certified as  
  accurate.  

https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/british-airways-fast-flight-scli-intl-gbr/index.html

• Like 2

My son in Germany just texted me they cancelled schools because of wind warnings. Guess that storm we had last week screamed across the Atlantic 
Canceled soccer matches today in England, Belgium and Netherlands. That doesn't happen often. Wind damage and flooding in England with lots of rail service shut down. Glad I didn't pick this week to make the trip.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

8 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

If things break right, ski country could do really well over the next 10-12 days. There’s actually several little threats in there and none of them look to be super cutterish. 

Best skiing for me in later years were those 3 to 6 inch refreshers every couple of days. With moderate temps and low winds in between. Pretty great looking with only the weekend being brutal cold. Going to the Ice Castles Saturday in that cold with a bunch of Ladies and me. Great

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Best skiing for me in later years were those 3 to 6 inch refreshers every couple of days. With moderate temps and low winds in between. Pretty great looking with only the weekend being brutal cold. Going to the Ice Castles Saturday in that cold with a bunch of Ladies and me. Great

I recall posts like this in 2012 with deep base. Hopefully this ends better than that up north 

23 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Ill be up there with my ladies also, was hoping for cold and a little snow up there would be nice.

1 hour ago, Ginx snewx said:

Yeah the several light snowfalls in a row are usually the best skiing...because crowds stay away (no Powder day rush that a TWC named and hyped storm brings) and it’s usually the best snowfall amount that the majority of the public can still ski without struggling.  3-6 inchers every few days is sort of a bread and butter pattern up here as JSpin likes to call it. 

• Like 1