Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
February to Forget Volume 2 - 2020

TalcottWx

2 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

It is why I don’t rank yearly snow totals high on my winter board. It can heavily skew what the winter truly is/was.

I'd rather a 19" storm followed by weeks of warmth, then several smaller ones amid consistent cold and weeks of crust. That's just me.

Just now, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I'd rather a 19" storm followed by weeks of warmth, then several smaller ones amid consistent cold and weeks of crust. That's just me.

I love the biggies, but we can’t even get advisory events. So nothing to track and torch just makes this excruciating. At least for me. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

I’m within 5” of last years total for the entire season.  Snowcover since Dec 1 other than 2 days.   Boring since Dec 3 although the thunder sleet at the end of Dec was great.  
The morbid posts from a few people are a bit over the top but I get it if you enjoy snow and tracking storms. 

In a few weeks the misery of a crappy winter will be done and we can all enjoy a miserable New England spring with backdoors mud and black flies.    

Drink deeply my friends!

It’s easy to think that way when you have had more than Tamarack though. 

2 minutes ago, Snowcrazed71 said:

Ok. So, from this point on, you are no longer able to post on anything regarding snow chances. You are done. You said it was over, so, you do not get to partake in any snow chances that will arise between now and the end of March. Anyone else agree?

Yes. Any of his posts in snowstorm threads from here on out will be deleted. 

• Haha 7
  • Weenie 1

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

It’s easy to think that way when you have had more than Tamarack though. 

I get that.  But I don’t think I’ve whined as much during bad years like 2015-2016.  Last year was worse and I don’t think I bitched and moaned as much. 

I meh storms but my outlook tends to be positive.   I could be wrong and have a faulty memory of bitching through. Lol. 

It sucks, but I'd trade a few 4" snowfalls in mid winter for the big dog. I'm pretty consistent about that...

Yeah you’re consistent with that. That’s why early March ‘19 sort of made up for last winters crap for me. I’ll also say Kevin has a point too with small,  but trackable events. That’s what makes winter fun. When you go through weeks of nothingness....I’ll be like Dr Dews all enough. 

Spring usually stinks around here, but at least we know tracking events is over and you have nice days sprinkled in between. This winter has felt like being meteorologically water boarded.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

I get that.  But I don’t think I’ve whined as much during bad years like 2015-2016.  Last year was worse and I don’t think I bitched and moaned as much. 

I meh storms but my outlook tends to be positive.   I could be wrong and have a faulty memory of bitching through. Lol. 

Venting has been great. I can’t hold it in anymore. 

• Haha 4

15 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

It is why I don’t rank yearly snow totals high on my winter board. It can heavily skew what the winter truly is/was.

If it was a meh winter through mid Feb and then we got a 20" storm in late Feb, some people would be saying it saved winter.

• Thanks 1

Just now, CoastalWx said:

Yeah you’re consistent with that. That’s why early March ‘19 sort of made up for last winters crap for me. I’ll also say Kevin has a point too with small,  but trackable events. That’s what makes winter fun. When you go through weeks of nothingness....I’ll be like Dr Dews all enough. 

Spring usually stinks around here, but at least we know tracking events is over and you have nice days sprinkled in between. This winter has felt like being meteorologically water boarded.

See, the big events are what I enjoy tracking...when I know there is like an 8" ceiling, it really detracts from the overall experience of tracking for me. The allure of the unknown relative to potential is what drives my fullfillment at least as much as the sensible and visiable appeal of the event itself. There is nothing that I hate more than blogging about complex events with very limited potential, such as mixed precip events like this last one...so much work figuring out and communicating the progression, timing and extent of change over for the zones and so little anticipation of potential.

• Like 1

See, the big events are what I enjoy tracking...when I know there is like an 8" ceiling, it really detracts from the overall experience of tracking for me. The allure of the unknown relative to potential is what drives my fullfillment at least as much as the sensible and visiable appeal of the event itself. There is nothing that I hate more than blogging about complex events with very limited potential, such as mixed precip events like this last one...so much work figuring out and communicating the progression, timing and extent of change over for the zones and so little anticipation of potential.

I don't mean big events aren't fun to track. That's usually implied. The small events (say under 6") at least give us something to do. It does pass the time. I'm fine with no big events...what we have seen in the last 20 years is remarkable in terms of big events. I just can't believe that every event this season has more or less turned to garbage as we approach T=0. Hell even 12/17 turned to crap as the euro really blew that one. I feel like I'm back in the 80s where an all snow 3-6" event was like doing jumping jacks. I'll give anything for an all snow, no stress advisory event right now. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

It looks like the icon is going to want to produce some snow on Thursday and Friday. I don’t think the models are going to let us out on this threat.... seems to be close enough to keep people interested 

If we could somehow score late week, we’d have a real wintry Presidents Day weekend. 

34 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

KUs compensate for a great deal of seasonal ills for me.

I’m in this camp.  1959-60 was rolling just like this winter and then we hit March with a huge bomb and a very cold month.  To me that brought the winter grade way up as a 7th grader having thrown in the towel before March.  Ya never know....

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, NorEastermass128 said:

Here I am with the lowest snow totals to date across the forum, soon to be replaced with the lowest temperatures across the forum as we head into spring/early summer.  Nothing beats seeing the ocean every day though. 

How much do you have ?

3.3 here