Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February 5-7 Wintry Mess Potential

weatherwiz

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah the mesolow aspect of this may not be figured out for a quite a while. IT's so fickle but it would have huge consequences for snesible wx....you get a little cold tuck behind the nose of the mesolow going off Boston and into gulf of Maine and all of the sudden you aren't going to be latently warming...keep that in place for round 2 (which looks like it could be a big QPF producer) and you have legit ice storm concerns.

My guess is that stuff will become clearer in the next 24-36 hours....either it will be obvious we don't have the setup for a replenishing dewpoint drain...so we see a slow rise to 33F rain, or this thing shows its hand on being a colder scenario.

I would be suprised if round 2 stayed frozen anywhere in sne outside of the death valley CAD spots, like Hippie

5 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I would be suprised if round 2 stayed frozen anywhere in sne outside of the death valley CAD spots, like Hippie

Yeah I'd hedge liquid at the moment, but it wouldn't take a large change to completely flip that on its head.

I funny ... speak of the devil man. 

I wrote a bit about that in the other thread re Feb in general...how we've had such difficulty with cold profiling passing over the boundary from mid range into outer short ranges.. . It's f'n bald faced doing it right in front of our eyes again. 

We're probably going to be 60 F to MHT, NH before this f're finishes in our bums.

kidding of course - but there essence of kicking back NW is clearly real.  But in a season of being dealt reversals... it would almost be fitting if the seasonal trend was accounted for, THEN have it actually be colder - anything to ruin the fun ahead of time. Hahaha

38 minutes ago, Hazey said:

At least it's going the wrong way early. Better than to have it drag out like there's a chance. Maybe after next weekend things will look up.

Yeah but I think we’re going to end up with a lot of cloudy days in the 40s with no distinct spring like warm-ups for quite a while.   Nobody wants that.