joxey
February 5-7 Wintry Mess Potential

weatherwiz

1 hour ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Thank goodness 

cold /dry and mild wet is my least favorite pattern ever 

I have no use for big cold that doesn’t produce 

got no issues w 40f highs in early feb if it ain’t snowin

I mean we could have at least used a few weeks of cold weather....get some ice skating/fishing in, kill off bugs and ticks. You know, winter stuff. 

Euro is going to come in more amped...definite trend today on the 12z guidance of more consolidated energy. This continues the 00z trend....we're starting to get a consistent movement that doesn't flip-flop every run. We'll see if 00z tonight continues that...if it does, then I think we have a confident forecast for this one.

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Euro is going to come in more amped...definite trend today on the 12z guidance of more consolidated energy. This continues the 00z trend....we're starting to get a consistent movement that doesn't flip-flop every run. We'll see if 00z tonight continues that...if it does, then I think we have a confident forecast for this one.

Confluence to the North was a bit better.  Enough to compensate?

Clearly not just bad luck or bad timing as it seems to be happening constantly; there’s something else going on whether it’s fast flow or some reason that lows are getting amped up all the time and going to our west. Nothing is going to happen until the pattern actually changes. We can’t continue this sort of gradient thing with a trough in the west. The press won’t do it this year so it’s highlighted to blocking or bust.  The scooter highs are the ones that are helping him manage his stress not the ones keeping the cold air here.

1 minute ago, mahk_webstah said:

Clearly not just bad luck or bad timing as it seems to be having constantly there’s something else going on whether it’s fast flow or some reason that lows are getting amped up all the time and going to our west. Nothing is going to happen until the pattern actually changes. We can’t continue this sort of gradient thing with a trough in the west. The press won’t do it this year so it’s highlighted to blocking or bust

Meh luck in a meh pattern. Like Scoot has said, we're cutter prone. We're just not getting away with it right now.

Just now, mahk_webstah said:

Clearly not just bad luck or bad timing as it seems to be having constantly there’s something else going on whether it’s fast flow or some reason that lows are getting amped up all the time and going to our west. Nothing is going to happen until the pattern actually changes. We can’t continue this sort of gradient thing with a trough in the west. The press won’t do it this year so it’s highlighted to blocking or bust

Second half has always looked block or bust to me, but you would think that at some point one of these would break right.