• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    WeatherArbordoctor
    Newest Member
    WeatherArbordoctor

January Banter 2020

1 hour ago, MillvilleWx said:

It's a blast. Let me know if you want any tips or list of rides/places to eat. We had a great experience and rode so many great rides. 

Which of those rides most reminded you about storm-chasing?

Which of those rides most reminded you about storm-chasing?

I actually don’t chase severe much. I chase winter storms. So if I had to chose a ride, probably the Bus ride back to the resort.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, MillvilleWx said:

The rides you mentioned are all great. The best ride in the whole resort is the new Pandora ride. Absolutely incredible. It’s a 4-D experience. We went on it twice thanks to Fast Pass +. If it wasn’t for that, the wait times are always over 2-3 hrs. Make sure to catch some shows as well PSU!!

And for food; Chef Mickey (Disney Contemporary Resport), Tony’s (Magic Kingdom. Get the pizza!!), Les Chef de France (Epcot), and Friar’s Nook (Magic Kingdom. Excellent park food).

Oh, I *wish* we could have done Pandora!  Unfortunately, when we tried to grab that one in advance when you could set up your fast pass rides online, it was already full.  And there was already a 2 hour line early in the morning for it, the day we were at Animal Kingdom.  But damn it looked awesome...maybe catch it next time!

Agree with you on the shows...not just the evening fireworks ones they do, but yeah, any of the others they do throughout the day on stage (and a nice break from walking, too!).

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

That mindset plagues the human race. lol. At every single step of your life there are people more successful than you, richer than you, luckier that you, etc. Appreciate what you have at all times because in the same vein there are always people less successful, less wealthy, unluckier, etc. 

So true, Bob.  Related to that is that those who still look down their nose at you because they have x amount more and you don't, are far poorer people because of that attitude.

I have a good friend from Atlanta...and I was once was saying something about how it was frustrating being in a somewhat cramped apartment, but we try to make it work.  He said something that's stuck with me ever since...essentially that he knew many people who had large/fancy houses that had little in them (they made themselves "house poor", as he said) or they felt sterile or more like a museum.  And of all the places he's been to for dinners or holidays, etc., ours felt the most like an actual *home* to him, the most welcoming.  Not so much because of what we did have, but because of how we made it feel.

Sorry to get overly philosophical there...LOL!

• Like 1

r/s line too close.  warm air too close.  only 4" snow on a 8+ day storm.  I'm out.

20 minutes ago, H2O said:

r/s line too close.  warm air too close.  only 4" snow on a 8+ day storm.  I'm out.

Pattern will flip in March- be patient.  Storms and rumors of storms. 

4 hours ago, H2O said:

Show your kid how adults handle bday party ghosting by slashing this mom's tires.  

now we're talking. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, MillvilleWx said:

The rides you mentioned are all great. The best ride in the whole resort is the new Pandora ride. Absolutely incredible. It’s a 4-D experience. We went on it twice thanks to Fast Pass +. If it wasn’t for that, the wait times are always over 2-3 hrs. Make sure to catch some shows as well PSU!!

And for food; Chef Mickey (Disney Contemporary Resport), Tony’s (Magic Kingdom. Get the pizza!!), Les Chef de France (Epcot), and Friar’s Nook (Magic Kingdom. Excellent park food).

Try Boma in Animal Kingdom next time for a top notch buffet. Cape May Cafe is another top notch seafood buffet....one of the best I've had ever. I'll be there in May!

• Like 1

Try Boma in Animal Kingdom next time for a top notch buffet. Cape May Cafe is another top notch seafood buffet....one of the best I've had ever. I'll be there in May!

I heard Boma was good. Will have to give that a go next time we’re there. Tony’s in MK was actually our favorite meal. Homemade Italian that tastes like something a Nona would make. Absolutely outstanding. Pizza was on point. Wife have the gnocchi. She gobbled the whole thing. Finished meal with gelato for me and cannoli’s for my wife. To die for. Great last meal for the trip.

• Like 1

Just like 20 years ago, I'm expecting a KU storm to appear out of nowhere tomorrow morning.

• Weenie 1

3 minutes ago, Amped said:

Just like 20 years ago, I'm expecting a KU storm to appear out of nowhere tomorrow morning.

6:00 pm news had my yard getting nada . Baltimore east a dusting to an inch lol

I had work early in the mornin. 430am I couldn't believe my eyes 

Something reminded me of that weather robot guy that used to post an Eastern weather forum where he will even put on the Persona that he was a robot making the forecast. Did anybody ever figure out who that was? It was the weirdest thing and I remember people getting really mad at it

Something reminded me of that weather robot guy that used to post an Eastern weather forum where he will even put on the Persona that he was a robot making the forecast. Did anybody ever figure out who that was? It was the weirdest thing and I remember people getting really mad at it

3 hours ago, Bob Chill said:

Don't have the heart to post this in the disco thread... looks very familiar doesn't it?

gfs-ens_z500a_nhem_65.png

GEPS is showing essentially the same feature....smh

11 hours ago, Bob Chill said:

Don't have the heart to post this in the disco thread... looks very familiar doesn't it?

8 hours ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

GEPS is showing essentially the same feature....smh

0z GEFS is suggesting full on winter cancel.

0z EPS showing some signs of moving that way too. :yikes: