Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Banter 2020

George BM

7 minutes ago, Always in Zugzwang said:

Lunatics running the asylum, it seems..."Weenies Flew over the Cuckoo's Nest"? ;  )

I admit I'm as weenie as anyone when it comes to snow, following the storms is fun (though frustrating at the same time, too).  But I try to keep the frustration mostly to myself and out of the medium range and storm related threads, when things don't work out.  Light banter maybe sometimes in there, but I've tried to keep most stuff in the Banter forum or the Panic Room for fun.  I'm sure several others are the same, and I know you're not aiming that comment at them or me...but you're right.  And thanks to you and other mods for at least trying to keep it somewhat under control.  The past couple of years it has gotten really insufferable at times in the main discussion areas!

thank you! 

• Like 1

I think the main thread works ok until you get some jackass popping in to deliver a healthy dose of negative “it never snows, we always get screwed, the next storm won’t work, the advertised pattern will be wrong, we are running out of time I think I’ll cry and call my mom to see if she can comfort me” posts.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, mappy said:

it would be really great if people could self moderate and understand that telling a mod a stick is up her ass isn't going to get you very far. 

A) No one said that. You've changed the sentence

B ) You're one of the worst offenders for "banter" in non-banter threads. Feel free to argue that. I can audit your posts and just repost them here in banter... if you'd like

C) Relax

• Like 3

Just now, PivotPoint said:

A) No one said that. You've changed the sentence

B ) You're one of the worst offenders for "banter" in non-banter threads. Feel free to argue that. I can audit your posts and just repost them here in banter... if you'd like

C) Relax

i filled in the blank that you set up. if you didn't imply that i have a stick up my ass, now is your chance to set it right. otherwise, it is what it is. something to remember. 

Just now, mappy said:

i filled in the blank that you set up. if you didn't imply that i have a stick up my ass, now is your chance to set it right. otherwise, it is what it is. something to remember. 

You weren't the only one quoted in that post, if you recall. 

Additionally, let it go. Take a chill pill. YOU NEED TO RELAX. Have a sense of humor. I choose my words the way I intend to. No profanity. Read between whatever lines you'd like to.

I, on the other hand, will get back to work lol. Oh, mappy. Always so intense

2 minutes ago, PivotPoint said:

You weren't the only one quoted in that post, if you recall. 

Additionally, let it go. Take a chill pill. YOU NEED TO RELAX. Have a sense of humor. I choose my words the way I intend to. No profanity. Read between whatever lines you'd like to.

I, on the other hand, will get back to work lol. Oh, mappy. Always so intense

got it. noted.

Just now, Always in Zugzwang said:

So...you can take the meteorologist out of moderator, but you can't take the moderator out of the girl!

pffft i am so far from being a meteorologist. i let those who know more than me handle that. but i can handle the snark and sass just fine ;) 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mappy said:

pffft i am so far from being a meteorologist. i let those who know more than me handle that. but i can handle the snark and sass just fine ;) 

Hahaha!  I know...I was making a weak attempt to riff on the old "you can take the so-and-so out of wherever, but you cannot take the wherever out of the so-and-so"!  (or something like that!).

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Always in Zugzwang said:

Hahaha!  I know...I was making a weak attempt to riff on the old "you can take the so-and-so out of wherever, but you cannot take the wherever out of the so-and-so"!  (or something like that!).

LOL i know what you were doing, all good! :) 

Just now, psuhoffman said:

get to work

:bike:

• Like 1

Just a quick shower thought:  When one clicks on the Mid Atlantic favorite button on the browser, and the Banter thread has the "Hot!" flair tag up top, and the Medium - Long Range thread's last post is 52 minutes ago, that pretty much sums up the current mood of model runs without further analysis needed. :(  

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Always in Zugzwang said:

Having a passing resemblance to riff raff, I approve of the above message. As always .....

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, WEATHER53 said:

This is a weather discussion thread and not solely a model affirmation thread 

1 hour ago, WEATHER53 said:

I think years ago we may have had a “model discussion” separate thread and a “weather forecasting/discussion” thread. There is more to it all then models solely so might be good to try the seperation  again.

So do it... talk about the long range weather however you want to talk about it.    All you do is complain about what other people are talking about and how they are talking about it.  

I’ll admit I agree with @Ji on one thing. Missing a heavy wet snow is depressing. That is my favorite. When we snow at 32* and it’s paste that sticks to everything and perfect for making a snowman or fort with the kids. Of course the problem is for me to get a wet snow is invariably has to be raining in DC. 

Not that I’ll kick the idea of 8” of cold smoke on the gfs out of bed but those kinds of storms always have less suspense and excitement. 

1 hour ago, psuhoffman said:

I’ll admit I agree with @Ji on one thing. Missing a heavy wet snow is depressing. That is my favorite. When we snow at 32* and it’s paste that sticks to everything and perfect for making a snowman or fort with the kids. Of course the problem is for me to get a wet snow is invariably has to be raining in DC. 

Not that I’ll kick the idea of 8” of cold smoke on the gfs out of bed but those kinds of storms always have less suspense and excitement. 

What do ya mean...ya get a thrill off of the borderline storms? You sadist...lol 

But I'm kinda split on the wet vs cold thing...but wet is pretty exciting! The only downside is...it's more back-breaking to shovel it! But hey--I'll take it anyway we can get it, lol

Just now, Maestrobjwa said:

What do ya mean...ya get a thrill off of the borderline storms? You sadist...lol 

But I'm kinda split on the wet vs cold thing...but wet is pretty exciting! The only downside is...it's more back-breaking to shovel it! But hey--I'll take it anyway we can get it, lol

Kinda...except honestly whenever it’s a borderline temp issue it almost always ends up breaking good up here. So I get the excitement of the suspense but with a payoff. If I was in the city I’d want cold smoke every time.  But those really cold waves tends to be hours of light to moderate snow. I do enjoy when it’s puking heavy wet snow bombs up here more.  Some of my favorite storms here weren’t the numerous 2’+ storms but just a good 6-10” wet snow paste job like October 2011 or the early Dec 2009 storm, not the big one, or the Feb 2016 storm that was a 33 degree 7” snowstorm up here.  November 2018 would have been higher on my list except I was stuck in Baltimore and didn’t get home until the snow was ending. That sucked. I also missed some of the really heavy wet snow that fell the first day of the 2 day 14” March 20-21 2018 storm. The second day was colder dry snow but the first day was 8” of really heavy wet snow but I only caught the last hour of the good rates. 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic