Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2020 Discussion

Torch Tiger

42 minutes ago, Hazey said:

Woah. The gfs develops the secondary further south and almost keeps me as all frozen. Need to monitor this. Might be a blip run.

Well considering the recent trends for Thursday hoping it does not go further to the south then it already is (The Tri Counties score sizable snowfall) lets hope for this to be a continuing trend and not a blip.  This particular track is the second most common one that has been predicted in the alternative universe, and if it works out it is not a big storm on the latest models but it will bring a widespread 10-15 cm (that is what we might as well call in translation 4-6 inches). 

4 minutes ago, EastonSN+ said:

I thought that but looking at the temps they torch as the blocking in Canada drops south. It's really weird but it's on all the ensembles.  Should say 850 temps.

https://www.tropicaltidbits.com/analysis/models/?model=ecmwf-ens&region=us&pkg=z500a

It’s not a pack year so within all the crap and messy systems we should be able pull one or two big events. I wouldn’t those sweat details that you describe though...not yet at least.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, EastonSN+ said:

Every low on this run pretty much tracks right over New England. We need some blocking

Pretty bad when Vancouver gets more snow then Connecticut but I have no doubt that the Blizzard of 2020 will hit your area and miss mine to the south by the middle of February.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Presidents day 2-20 to 3-5 is my second favored window for a large event...the first was early to mid December (12-5 to 12-19), which was a hair too late.

Hopefully we get a couple decent events before then. It will be tough to stomach having the once promising upcoming pattern post 1/20 turn into a turd in the punch bowl. 

25 minutes ago, NorEastermass128 said:

Hopefully we get a couple decent events before then. It will be tough to stomach having the once promising upcoming pattern post 1/20 turn into a turd in the punch bowl. 

Yea. If the upcoming favorable stretch doesn’t pan out by say Vday...I’m ready to move on to golf and fantasy baseball. 

• Like 1