Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January 2020 Discussion

Torch Tiger

21 minutes ago, Spanks45 said:

Its going to be 2016 all over again, the GFS at 18z gives me flashbacks....No snow, followed by a monster storm just to our south, that would push many off the edge, lol

I actually reached climo that season partially due to that storm. 4 storms in a 3 week stretch. Then a 3 incher in mid March. Other than that winter non existent

23 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

We’re almost there. After this weekend’s appetizer, we roll hard.

Yeah, I am just half joking...When I see massive cold dumps, I just assume cold and dry. This "warmer" look showing up might just do it for us, with a nice snow blitz coming up. I am definitely optimistic.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dr. Dews said:

that "amazing pattern" talk sure piped down the past couple days. We roll into late-winter with what appears to be a mediocre and pretty forgettable pattern for enthusiasts.

Just STFU already you spooning PIA!!  God you suck.  You bring “Zero” to this place... absolutely Nada!  

And the end of January..(which is still more than two weeks away)..is Mid winter/dead of winter, not late winter.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Dr. Dews said:

that "amazing pattern" talk sure piped down the past couple days. We roll into late-winter with what appears to be a mediocre and pretty forgettable pattern for enthusiasts.

We've barely hit mid-winter. Peak winter cold is from now until 1st week of Feb. 

Mid Winter runs from now through President's day and late winter post PD through the rest of Feb and March.

This varies to me based on location. It's a little different for me in NJ than you guys in SNE/CNE & especially NNE.

51 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Just STFU already you spooning PIA!!  God you suck.  You bring “Zero” to this place... absolutely Nada!  

And the end of January..(which is still more than two weeks away)..is Mid winter/dead of winter, not late winter.  

lol......I do agree with that guy though......the core of winter is literally a limited number of weeks that can go by so quickly.....a bad break here and a bad one there and you're cooked......we could yet have a biggie in the coming weeks and this winter could still come in average but we've lost the chance for a special one which is all we want here......a special one is one that delivers every week from Thanksgiving to Easter......mostly refreshing deals that keep the pack intact with temps that aren't Florida with the one or two biggies to really give it some staying power......this season could still deliver but the time for it to do so is closing fast and we're quickly heading to the #toolittletoolate stage......#wepray

5 hours ago, BrianW said:

Its crazy down here along the CT shoreline. Most trees are budding and stuff is sprouting all over. I saw a bunch of dandelions today. Neighbor's were mowing their lawns on Sunday.

My herb garden on my deck came back to life. 

20200112-153809.jpg

month_1__year_2020__station_HVN__network_CT_ASOS__dpi_100 (1).png

My daffodils are popping up and I saw some snow drops blooming the other day. Wacky for sure. I would be a liar if I said I didn't enjoy that 68 degree day last weekend, but I want some freaking snow!

• Sad 1