Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2020 Discussion

Torch Tiger

6 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

The Guess when the scooter big melt thread is opening shortly. A rain by coast /Snow inland should do the trick 

like Saturdays event 

Trend this into a 6-10" event for ray to ORH and 495 belt while coast gets 2" and then rain...then I think we'll be there. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Now that the real TBlizz has his account back and Scooter’s mini melts will give way to a full fledged Colorado rapids raging melt...we should start turning the corner soon.

Don't get it....nothing has changed. Typical SWFE followed by the favorable stretch.

14 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Don't get it....nothing has changed. Typical SWFE followed by the favorable stretch.

I always thought the lead storm to initiate the pattern change would not be ideal for south of pike as well but...we always hope for something more positive. Regardless, better things to come once a favorable pac and west have established themselves. 

• Like 1

Just now, Whineminster said:

I mean....you guys down and out instead of up and in are bound to get a poopie winter once in a while....it's just climo

Here's the thing, I'm still above average on the season to date.  So by definition, it's not poopie Winter.  The last 2 weeks though have put me in Spring fever, so the Winter can just fade away at this point unless I start seeing some 6"+ storms on my horizon.  No desire to have to deal with 1-2" of slop.

11 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

So so jealous of my NNE ski friends. Gonna be a special week up there.  I would think as modeled good time for using  Kuchera at elevation 

download (16).png

download (17).png

Based on the latest guidance, another trip to Wildcat and maybe a day at Sunday River might be the cards.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Looks fine for interior . Snow to ice ends as snow. Pack on ground moving into cold pattern . Expecting 2-4”

Might be some liquid even in the interior but prob not a lot. 

Well see on the triple point development though. Guidance typically underdoes that until we get closer. I'm still leery of a stronger primary though as the pattern is not ideal. The antecedent airmass is really what is giving us a chance. 

22 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I wouldn't pay much attention to  deterministic particulars until tomorrow.

I can see where the frustration comes from though, you , me and Hunchie have been in the sweet spot but  that is the nature of SWFE events and we are hopefully moving into a pattern that lends itself a little more to Miller B’s.

1 hour ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Fun 6z gfs run.... this weekends mess followed by a pretty quiet week, and a soaker next weekend. 

Lol....It's just one run of a crap model anyways..do you really think it will all turn out like the 6z is showing?   This weekend was always going to be a crapshoot leading into a much better pattern.  The real good news is the pattern still looks very good after this weekend.    And....this weekends system is in the dreaded Mid range where the models start to diverge and lose systems(almost every single system seems to go through this evolution on the modeling), it'll sort out come Thursday/Friday, and most likely come back to 2-4/3-5 for most interior areas.  Then we look forward to the better pattern.  

If that doesn't produce much.....then we call it a Ratter then!

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Here's the thing, I'm still above average on the season to date.  So by definition, it's not poopie Winter.  The last 2 weeks though have put me in Spring fever, so the Winter can just fade away at this point unless I start seeing some 6"+ storms on my horizon.  No desire to have to deal with 1-2" of slop.

You and I share in this trait ... the ability to turn the page and get going with new paradigms, on a dime - for me, it can be moments.. I've noticed this in the past.  

I used to not be that way; in my youth, I started loathing the sun, its self, in late September.  If we had snow by Thanks Giggedy that was miracle. 

Very brief digression: That's what's fascinating about CC in this recent two decade -worth of it ... It seems to have/be parlaying into cocaine tastes in October.. like, shockingly often compared to the previous billion years of climo. 

Not in the 1980s, man. Never.  I mean, it seemed to rarely snow in that decade anyway, ha..  But hyperbole aside, these early snow ( forget accumulation, even the privilege of being seen in the air!) and the increasing frequency, these are counter-intuitively coincident with the climate curve.    

Anyway, in my youth, when that was not the case, thick autumn was my most dreaded time of the year... Circa Sept 21 through November 27 ..because it was just unrelentingly boring. I didn't care about leaf foliage. Hot totties were not going to be legal for another 5 years, and I wasn't good enough at sports to get laid in High School. The weather channel offered my only solace, which I competed for TV time in a house-hold with 7 other siblings and a network news happy relic of Gronkite era, dad, who would park, fingers tucked into the belt of his pants after work, for 2 hours every day.  I was that prototypical target with no clue in social circles... Need any more paint on this canvas?   And of course as cosmic timing would have it, the climate of the 1980s was my fledgling weather nerd coming of age. The cruel 1980s.

See, y'all Millennials have been handed out stimulus and conveniences for life and feeling good, early snows and/or weather bombs in general ( if weather is your thing) like Pez candies ... Kinda like the same generation now is entitled to the Patriots making the playoffs - if not the superbowl.  There are kids born, raised, and now sophomores in college, ..the whole way passing into sentience, that must think Patriots NFL dominance is like E=MC2 ... Part of the natural order of the fundamental physics governing reality or something...

Wrong.  It's extraordinary just exactly how the climate has changed, in an era of conveniences ... to situate snow, cold and bomb cyclones with the same delivery of convenience. To completely ...seemingly unrelated events of nature, coming to an constructive interference like that. That's ..incredible. But what is a matter for a different genre, that convenience appears unhealthy in a lot of ways. And the weather as it comes on portable tech, in these "blue magic" psychotropic packets every 6 hours to offer fresh jolts of e-zombie rushes, and if the richness of that big storm and drama is violated in any way, that sets them off.   Yeah, another form in what Luis C. K. once mused, ..prior to the over-zealous Me-Too bullshit sacking his career too: "Every thing is awesome and nobody is happy." 

I covet god's abuses, for having arranged for my birth when it happened, thus, my growth in pig-shit karma.  It made me iron-hulled as an adult.  And, in addition to being more impervious to inconveniences, it's allowed me to see the humor in watching said Mellennails expressions when truth punches a hole in the balloon of their delusions of reality grandeur. In fact, anywhere in society where people are stunned in a state of, "Whaaaaa - " as if some sacrosanct violation needs to be sent thru litigation because the sugar's not right in their drive-thru Dunkin Donuts stop.  Believe me, these people react and it is either funny .. or embarrassing to watch.  

Anyway, as an adult I've just sort of lost any preconceptions/expectation, and I do think it has to do with years of being jaded and punished with unrelenting losses in this weather passion - abuses that we do to our selves, frankly. 

If a pattern changes warm in January or February... particularly true in March ... takes me an hour tops to sans the nostalgia for that cold regime, in lieu of wanting to see how warm it gets.  

• Like 1