• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    420kushlife
    Newest Member
    420kushlife

December Banter 2019

[mention=9895]MillvilleWx[/mention] would get a foot of ice before me. That sucks. All I want is a cat 5 up the potomac and a foot of ice. 2 very simple things and I'm not getting any younger so it better happen soon

I can actually see my lights go out on that run. I can also hear the tree in Midland snapping. #BigYikes

• Haha 3

So, looking at the GEFS, I pray that the signal it is showing doesn't actually come true. Good lord. It's got the look though for a legit ice storm out this way. PV rotating down north of the Lakes with strong surface ridge nosing down the lee of the Apps with the height rises. Add a piece off the Pac to cut underneath. That's an ice storm lovers dream. Dang man

The more I look at it, the more impressed I am. Heck, @Eskimo Joe would approve of this run. Wow. And that look at H5 is CLASSIC for a southern plains Ice storm. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, mappy said:
1 hour ago, psuhoffman said:

Ok new pet peeve of mine...I feel like now that a million weenies online know the traditional weather terminology (like AO, NAO, PNA, EPO...) some professionals are starting to use even more obscure  terminology to describe the same thing.  It’s not that I don’t know the terminology (I do from when I was in the meteo program at PSU) but every time someone uses northern annular mode instead of AO I have to sift through posts by people that think they are talking about the NAM model.  And worse then that now insiders are creating overly specific sub categories for already ambiguous nebulous features without any normalization within the field and then arguing over what exactly something is. Last years “what is a modoki” debate and this year there has been a “is it a PDO or EOF2 VM debate. And sometimes they are arguing about the same thing using different terminology. There needs to be some norming of terminology within the field.  This is just adding confusion for no good reason. 

Ava called me her friend on air while sharing my snow observation.

that is all. 

Do the best you can.

3 hours ago, Bob Chill said:

@MillvilleWx would get a foot of ice before me. That sucks. All I want is a cat 5 up the potomac and a foot of ice. 2 very simple things and I'm not getting any younger so it better happen soon

What year was that southeast Canada 4-6" of freezing rain event.  Pics I remember were freaking incredible of trees and power polls bent over . 90s I believe 

7 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

What year was that southeast Canada 4-6" of freezing rain event.  Pics I remember were freaking incredible of trees and power polls bent over . 90s I believe 

January 1998.

4 hours ago, Bob Chill said:

I haven't looked too close but it sure seems like a pretty big I95 bust north of us. 

Scorched earth up here. Dryslots the size of Connecticut...Euro burning cities in Massachusetts to the ground...New York City shaken by the lamentations of weenies. We're getting a backdoor cover of the forecast imby so I'm happy. 

4 hours ago, Stormpc said:

Since I'm permanently out of the game, I've been lurking in the NYC forum and it's been a calamity. Makes for a great Stressless read when you have no skin in the game but some of those weenies are imploding. You can guess what's going on just by looping the radar. 

So terrible. They were out of the game and then drawn in by big totals inside 24 hours, just to lose jackpot qpf to white rain. Horrific. 

1 hour ago, MillvilleWx said:

So, looking at the GEFS, I pray that the signal it is showing doesn't actually come true. Good lord. It's got the look though for a legit ice storm out this way. PV rotating down north of the Lakes with strong surface ridge nosing down the lee of the Apps with the height rises. Add a piece off the Pac to cut underneath. That's an ice storm lovers dream. Dang man

The more I look at it, the more impressed I am. Heck, @Eskimo Joe would approve of this run. Wow. And that look at H5 is CLASSIC for a southern plains Ice storm. 

Come on man, you know you want it. Who needs that tree in Midland. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, George BM said:

Epic indeed. Well get our turn hopefully. I'd violently sacrifice a HECS for that.

94' had a couple historic ones in Md . Southern Md got crushed from 1 I remember jan 94 . I got lots of sleet here but 2"+ ice there I believe 

23 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

January 1998. The Great North American Ice Storm. North Country of NY State up into Quebec were demoralized from 2-6" of freezing rain accretion. Trees in northern NY state are still bent over in spots to this day and will forever be that way from the weight of the ice. At the height of the storm, freezing rain fell into air as cold as 14 degrees. 

2 minutes ago, MillvilleWx said:

January 1998. The Great North American Ice Storm. North Country of NY State up into Quebec were demoralized from 2-6" of freezing rain accretion. Trees in northern NY state are still bent over in spots to this day and will forever be that way from the weight of the ice. At the height of the storm, freezing rain fell into air as cold as 14 degrees. 

Thanks...yea I followed back then but 21 years later details have gotten foggy lol. 94' zrain fell here with temps 18-22 deg. What a once in a lifetime cold winter that was here. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Real impressive totals coming out of NY state and Mass . 18-26" browsing the other board . I'd taken 1.8" to 2.6" :D

It's not Boston so it doesn't count as a real storm. :P 

• Weenie 1

17 minutes ago, MillvilleWx said:

I think if it rained on me with an air temp of 14 F, my head would explode.

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, MillvilleWx said:

Stop looking at the Good For Shit model and its ensembles. It's not happening.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

D8 euro snow and nobody mentions it :whistle:

give me D5 and we can chat. 

Is winter back on because The Name That Shall Not Be Spoken says it will be cold this winter after saying it will be warm this winter?  I can't keep track

Just now, leesburg 04 said:

Excuse my pissy mood this morning as a Vikings fan you have the ball down 34-30 momentum clearly on your side less than 4 minutes to go and then womp womp womp 4 and out. Deflated...go Ravens I guess

I'm a Skins fan.  At least you have a good team.  The only hope i have is #FireBruceAllen 

• Haha 1

Just now, H2O said:

Is winter back on because The Name That Shall Not Be Spoken says it will be cold this winter after saying it will be warm this winter?  I can't keep track

Oh what a tangled webb we weave

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, leesburg 04 said:

Excuse my pissy mood this morning as a Vikings fan you have the ball down 34-30 momentum clearly on your side less than 4 minutes to go and then womp womp womp 4 and out. Deflated...go Ravens I guess

No hate here. Wilson helped secure the ass kicking I gave @yoda in our fantasy head to head

1 minute ago, mappy said:

No hate here. Wilson helped secure the ass kicking I gave @yoda in our fantasy head to head

I lost this week.  So upset.  Travesty.  My opponent used hacks and cheat codes