• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    DanVarner1
    Newest Member
    DanVarner1

December Banter 2019

50 minutes ago, wxdude64 said:

I find them much more pleasing to the ears and eyes than that 'ol Scorched and Torched group.

With such hits as:

"Piece Left Behind"

"Sheared Apart"

"Jets Streaks"

and the classic "This Is the One: The Ballad of Ji"

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

With such hits as:

"Piece Left Behind"

"Sheared Apart"

"Jets Streaks"

and the classic "This Is the One: The Ballad of Ji"

I attended an acoustic performance of "Mosquitoes at Christmas" back in 2015.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, cbmclean said:

I attended an acoustic performance of "Mosquitoes at Christmas" back in 2015.

"Tropical Downpours Raininon Santa" was another cool song from that album.

• Haha 2

I just heard that ol chesnut of a holiday song called “Walking in a Tropical Swampyland”

good times

• Haha 2

My dad found this article on Yahoo (I know it's not the best source) about a claim how Buffalo, NY hasn't experienced agw like the rest of the country has.  I'm trying to see why the two charts for temperature and precipitation trends differ so much from the supported research.  Thoughts? https://www.citylab.com/environment/2019/12/climate-change-displacement-refuge-city-buffalo-new-york/602758/?utm_medium=offsite&utm_source=yahoo&utm_campaign=yahoo-non-hosted&yptr=yahoo

You know, if you grew up there, you probably wouldn't even care.  From the NWS national summary page.

Further east, Winter Storm Watches have been issued for much of the Sierra Nevada where snow amounts will range 
from 1-3 feet through the weekend.

26 minutes ago, cbmclean said:

You know, if you grew up there, you probably wouldn't even care.  From the NWS national summary page.

Further east, Winter Storm Watches have been issued for much of the Sierra Nevada where snow amounts will range 
from 1-3 feet through the weekend.

I like when they issue winter weather advisories for 5-8 inches where my son lives........

17 minutes ago, wxdude64 said:

I like when they issue winter weather advisories for 5-8 inches where my son lives........

Well, I live in the NC Coastal Plain.  Two inches shuts us down.

1 minute ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

Can somebody get @Deck Pic and @Yeoman back in here? I miss those guys.

Yeoman posts once in a while nowadays... haven't seen much of him posting tbh... Deck Pic will be back when there is a real threat

• Like 1

From what I've seen, most of the posters in here are Ravens fans more so than Redskins no? 

Anyway, amazing how poor the NFC East is. Technically the Skins are still in the hunt for the Division at 3-9. Unreal.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

From what I've seen, most of the posters in here are Ravens fans more so than Redskins no? 

Anyway, amazing how poor the NFC East is. Technically the Skins are still in the hunt for the Division at 3-9. Unreal.

Eagles will win it with an 8-8 record.

2 hours ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

I'm a Redskins fan at heart, but I like seeing the Ravens do well because I live in Bmore.  But I was texting a fellow 'Skins fan earlier today after looking over the remaining schedules saying that if we win out, we'd likely win the division.

And, yes, I know.  A billion to one odds.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

I wouldnt be surprised but I hope they dont win it. They will be blown out in the first playoff game. 

I'm a Dolphins fan and I decree that if you loose to my Dolphins this year, you should be automatically disqualified from the playoffs.

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, cbmclean said:

I'm a Dolphins fan and I decree that if you loose to my Dolphins this year, you should be automatically disqualified from the playoffs.

Props to you for sticking with them though. For whatever reason fans of bad teams always get mocked and picked on and that logic has never sat well with me. These fans who root for great teams and act like that makes them "better" than other fans. I always look forward to when teams that have been great go into a stretch of rough years to see which fans stick around and which jump ship. 

I have loved them since I was a little kid.  I loved (and still am very interested in) whales and they were the closest thing to a whale.  It has been a tough 15 years though.  Maybe one day they will find their Brady/Belichek , without the evil.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, leesburg 04 said:

Ugh the proverbial forum divider on the euro

Good thing you live on the side that usually wins?

• Haha 1