• Member Statistics

    15,773
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    mansour
    Newest Member
    mansour
    Joined
George BM

December Banter 2019

Recommended Posts

Just now, yoda said:

But is that textbook?

You tell me Yoda.

There is nothing "textbook" about this upcoming advertised pattern in my view. I have been consistent on that. That doesn't mean parts of our region wont see some frozen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Vice-Regent said:

The snow maps on Tropical tidbits are completely different. I suspect those are the weenie snow maps. Seems like a white rain event.

Everything is white rain when you’re under water. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

Everything is white rain when you’re under water. 

You should be okay out there in Manchester. it's literally white rain for everyone in the forum except for you and you almost miss out yourself for lack of precipitation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Vice-Regent said:

You should be okay out there in Manchester. it's literally white rain for everyone in the forum except for you and you almost miss out yourself for lack of precipitation.

Keep me posted 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Forum divider :o

1576108800-GzEEVodQqzo.png

These snow depth maps have actually verified ok in the past. I would lean towards this tbh.

Eta: has the DC-philly-NYC snowhole so more likely to verify

gfs_asnowd_neus_21.png

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

These snow depth maps have actually verified ok in the past. I would lean towards this tbh.

Eta: has the DC-philly-NYC snowhole so more likely to verify

gfs_asnowd_neus_21.png

Gives my house snow thanks

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

These snow depth maps have actually verified ok in the past. I would lean towards this tbh.

Eta: has the DC-philly-NYC snowhole so more likely to verify

gfs_asnowd_neus_21.png

#jackpot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

The check is in the mail. 

The ol' check is in the mail ...damn I hate when a builder tells me that . Those words make me cringe.  Usually the mail " pigeon " gets lost before it ever gets to my yard :lol:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

I'm up in Enfield CT and they got 16" of snow. Huge parking lot piles. Nice snow fix but the 2-4" deal next week in my yard will be more fun. 

Came back up right after the holiday? You came at a great time.

Good luck next week. Always good when the powder is in your backyard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Came back up right after the holiday? You came at a great time.

Good luck next week. Always good when the powder is in your backyard.

Yea, this trip isn't as fun tho. My uncle pased so dealing with the service this weekend. He wasn't doing well for a couple years so he's in a better place. 

On an up note... Literally hit 15 mins of traffic near NYC on the drive and that was it. Left rockville at 1:30 and pulled in here at 8. 370 miles in 6.5 hours... wut?

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Ofc if mid next week doesn't work out, there is always the storm after the storm after the storm. :weenie:

1576540800-azHcuCzorpk.png

Yes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Bob Chill said:

Yea, this trip isn't as fun tho. My uncle pased so dealing with the service this weekend. He wasn't doing well for a couple years so he's in a better place. 

On an up note... Literally hit 15 mins of traffic near NYC on the drive and that was it. Left rockville at 1:30 and pulled in here at 8. 370 miles in 6.5 hours... wut?

Sorry to hear Bob. I had to do similar yesterday. Thinking of you all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, mappy said:

Sorry to hear Bob. I had to do similar yesterday. Thinking of you all. 

Not trying to sound cold or crass here but... it's been a waiting game for like 2 years so the news was more of a relief than sad. Suffering at the end is so much worse than the end.

Holding both my parents' hands through their end of life battle was like 100x harder than when they actually passed. I think the biggest internal issue all this stuff raises is my own mortality. I'm getting close to next in line and I struggle with that sometimes. It's not like I'm super old or anything and should live another 20-30 years at least but still... see the "changing of the guard" over the last 10 years is quite unsettling at times. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Bob Chill said:

Yea, this trip isn't as fun tho. My uncle pased so dealing with the service this weekend. He wasn't doing well for a couple years so he's in a better place. 

On an up note... Literally hit 15 mins of traffic near NYC on the drive and that was it. Left rockville at 1:30 and pulled in here at 8. 370 miles in 6.5 hours... wut?

Sorry for your loss. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Bob Chill said:

Yea, this trip isn't as fun tho. My uncle pased so dealing with the service this weekend. He wasn't doing well for a couple years so he's in a better place. 

On an up note... Literally hit 15 mins of traffic near NYC on the drive and that was it. Left rockville at 1:30 and pulled in here at 8. 370 miles in 6.5 hours... wut?

My condolences...very sorry for your loss.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Not trying to sound cold or crass here but... it's been a waiting game for like 2 years so the news was more of a relief than sad. Suffering at the end is so much worse than the end.

Holding both my parents' hands through their end of life battle was like 100x harder than when they actually passed. I think the biggest internal issue all this stuff raises is my own mortality. I'm getting close to next in line and I struggle with that sometimes. It's not like I'm super old or anything and should live another 20-30 years at least but still... see the "changing of the guard" over the last 10 years is quite unsettling at times. 

The stories we could share, as I understand completely everything you’re going through. One day at a time, friend. All we can do. Xoxo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.