TruthSeeker2020

December Banter 2019

2 minutes ago, H2O said:

I lost this week.  So upset.  Travesty.  My opponent used hacks and cheat codes

LOL poor you. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, frd said:

Most excellent ! 

I totally agree, minute details in weather do matter, that is what makes this hobby so enjoyable.    Next, I need snow, a lot of it please. I want to dust off the snowshoes. :sled:

His ideas wrt the IOD and the effects of the standing wave in the Indian Ocean are interesting and may have merit.  If his call busts it could be for a completely different reason because no one factor has autonomy over the pattern.  But that’s why you don’t spend a week insulting everyone else and insisting they are dead wrong. Then you look like a clown when things don’t go your way. And they will eventually not go your way in this game. In fairness so I’m not a hypocrite I learned that lesson the hard way, and probably a time or two more than I should have.

13 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

LOL more long range busts. It's amazing how confident and self-assured some people get with these forecasts when they are basically guessing. Some folks need to learn to hedge a bit more.

My father in law used to tell me when we were laying tile when in doubt grout...I'm thinking the same for the long range stuff

5 minutes ago, leesburg 04 said:

My father in law used to tell me when we were laying tile when in doubt grout...I'm thinking the same for the long range stuff

My father taught me the #1 rule... Guard your tool. Doesn't mean crap in wx but it's still a very good rule 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, psuhoffman said:

His ideas wrt the IOD and the effects of the standing wave in the Indian Ocean are interesting and may have merit.  If his call busts it could be for a completely different reason because no one factor has autonomy over the pattern.  But that’s why you don’t spend a week insulting everyone else and insisting they are dead wrong. Then you look like a clown when things don’t go your way. And they will eventually not go your way in this game. In fairness so I’m not a hypocrite I learned that lesson the hard way, and probably a time or two more than I should have.

Very true, he knows his stuff, but that does not give one the excuse to act like an ass to others . Being humble has advantages.  

Eating crow is on his menu today. 

Stop looking at the Good For Shit model and its ensembles. It's not happening.

I wasn’t saying it was... I was saying the look verbatim is how you get ice storms down here. It was a crazy run. And as a meteorologist, you never throw away an ensemble run and run with one model. That’s dangerous. Closer in, then we can start giving weight.

14 hours ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

Can the Vikes please bench Rhodes? He kills Minnesota

When he went down last night I was sure it was the last play he'd have in a Vikings uniform.  Guess we have to suffer for 4-5 more games.

3 hours ago, leesburg 04 said:

Excuse my pissy mood this morning as a Vikings fan you have the ball down 34-30 momentum clearly on your side less than 4 minutes to go and then womp womp womp 4 and out. Deflated...go Ravens I guess

The play calling on that drive confused the hell out of me.  There was plenty of time left, multiple TOs, and a Seattle team that is playing the short passing game.  How do you not run on one of those downs?  Especially 3rd and 3 where you know that you still have 4th down in your pocket.

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

LWX added a 20% chance to my overnight.  Showmeland up to 40%.

20% for me too, a third morning in a row with snow would be pretty cool

• Like 1

Any storm that happens the week of 15-19 is my storm to name dammit. I have waited 10 long years for a repeat. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, mappy said:

Any storm that happens the week of 15-19 is my storm to name dammit. I have waited 10 long years for a repeat. 

The Mapnificent Storm?

1 hour ago, MN Transplant said:

When he went down last night I was sure it was the last play he'd have in a Vikings uniform.  Guess we have to suffer for 4-5 more games.

I wish someone could explain to me what he adds to the defense. He can’t tackle and he can’t cover anyone.

33 minutes ago, yoda said:

The Mapnificent Storm?

I am not nearly creative enough to come up with said name. but its mine dammit lol 

1 hour ago, MN Transplant said:

The play calling on that drive confused the hell out of me.  There was plenty of time left, multiple TOs, and a Seattle team that is playing the short passing game.  How do you not run on one of those downs?  Especially 3rd and 3 where you know that you still have 4th down in your pocket.

That game was so winnable 

6 minutes ago, mappy said:

I am not nearly creative enough to come up with said name. but its mine dammit lol 

10 years ago I made a map for this storm.  My first.  So this one is mine.  

1 minute ago, H2O said:

10 years ago I made a map for this storm.  My first.  So this one is mine.  

tenor.gif

• Haha 4
  • Weenie 1

2 minutes ago, leesburg 04 said:

I literally laughed out loud 

Don't encourage her.  She's making me squirm today and its a total disaster.  tables were turned and high ground lost. Defeat was snatched from the jaws of victory.

4 minutes ago, leesburg 04 said:

I literally laughed out loud 

:D

Just now, H2O said:

Don't encourage her.  She's making me squirm today and its a total disaster.  tables were turned and high ground lost. Defeat was snatched from the jaws of victory.

Hush you. 

• Like 1

Potential is rapidly rising that I spend my entire conference time next week tracking... getting that euro storm delayed 12 hours would be perfect since I land at 1030pm that night.

• Like 1

Just now, WxUSAF said:

Potential is rapidly rising that I spend my entire conference time next week tracking... getting that euro storm delayed 12 hours would be perfect since I land at 1030pm that night.

Don’t worry I heard we’re in a shutout pattern.