Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 2019 Discussion

Torch Tiger

10 minutes ago, Drop the Trough said:

BTV uses the word coastal in today's AFD , so there is some differences in opinion I guess, or they are flat out wrong in their analysis.

I'm talking about the current system, not the weekend. Yes, the weekend system originally appreared more appealing.

3 hours ago, weathafella said:

EPS signaling a snowy period after the weekend.

As I said this morning...I don’t trust anything that it says past 7 days.  At 0z it looked like crap.  Now it looks decent past the weekend/7 days.  Take with a grain of salt...good look or bad!     Like I said...I think we’ll have our chances going forward in December. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, OSUmetstud said:

I feel like he was probably joking there but there seems to be may more knowledgeable people to follow if you're into the strat warm events. 

For someone who's funded well (at least I assume so) he's basing crap on GFS op products. All I need to see, is the EPS at 50mb and 10mb. Up until recently it showed the PV in the strat remaining concise and over in Siberia. End of story. Now, it's taking a few punches and coming back over to NAMR. Myself, a simple met with a bachelor of science, can see this. Why can't this guy? 

It snows. It rains. It gets wicked cold. It warms up dramatically when a cutter passes west of us. It gets cold again. It snows again.

Sounds an awful lot like winter in Southern New England.  Next to the (low snow) mainland of East Asia at this same parallel, it doesn't get much better than where we are for winter-lovers. At the same parallel in Europe (Rome, northern Spain, etc) snow is a rarity at sea level. Go further east and it gets drier. Unless you want to move to Hokkaido, you probably wont get a combo of cold and snow (at sea level). 

Snow in Bethlehem Israel--can happen. But not too likely (maybe think white Christmas in Charleston SC at best).

Bottom line. Stop complaining. We pretty much have the best deal we can get. So let it snow, rain, freeze, warm up, snow again (etc.)

PS Our chances of having snow on the ground Christmas Day are probably better than they have been recently. Regardless or the weather, Christmas will come. The hype and anxiety about white vs green (brown) front yards steals the joy from all the other great things about the day. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1