Most Online
    mansour
    Newest Member
    mansour

Mid-Atlantic winter 2019-20 snowfall contest

On 10/29/2019 at 2:56 PM, RIC Airport said:

Picture1.jpg

Tiebreaker SBY: 20.2"

_________________________ WOW _____________ YEAH ______________ OKAY _______________ OUCH _____________ ouch _______________ meh _____________ whatever

============================================================== (( __ )) ========================================================

Update on my earlier comments about odd snowfall patterns, we still have not had even 5% of the normal November snowfall where I live, and it is bone dry around this region which is very odd for November. The lower elevations of the Columbia valley (where it leaves Canada and enters WA state) have seen no snow, very little rainfall, and the ground is as dry as it would be in mid-August in our dry summer climate here. So on the principle that it has to snow somewhere if it does not snow here, why not there? 

BTW I think those are reasonable predictions above, mine are not that different, just havin' a laff. 

• Like 1

On 10/29/2019 at 3:21 PM, WxWatcher007 said:

BWI: 2.7”
DCA: -231.6”
IAD: 21.1”
RIC: 23.2”

Tiebreaker SBY: 78.3”

BWI: 16.8”
DCA: 12.1”
IAD: 20.3”
RIC: 10.9”

Tiebreaker SBY: 10.1”

On 11/11/2019 at 8:59 AM, PrinceFrederickWx said:

You're back- we missed you last year! I always love your Calls With Balls™ (although RIC is getting kinda shafted). :lol:

Thanks!  I am all in!! 

• Haha 1

On 11/12/2019 at 5:48 PM, WinterWxLuvr said:

That BWI number is almost as high as Maryland’s avg points allowed this fall.

Hahaha!  Thank God it is basketball season!!!  Football was terrible!

7 hours ago, H2O said:

I didn't even play.  was tired of winning or almost winning or almost not winning

We had a couple notable absences this time- Eastcoast NPZ, for starters. Him not showing up means Prestige has the low end cornered. :lol:

I like where I’m sitting... two spots over from Olaf. ;)

On 12/3/2019 at 4:06 PM, PrinceFrederickWx said:

We had a couple notable absences this time- Eastcoast NPZ, for starters. Him not showing up means Prestige has the low end cornered. :lol:

I like where I’m sitting... two spots over from Olaf. ;)

Funny thing I was just in the SE sub-forum and saw Olaf contribute.  I checked and he is in Greensboro NC! Did he ever live in the MA? To top it off, I'm in NC too now. So the perennial dominance at the top is from 2 NC NOOBS? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Stormpc said:

Funny thing I was just in the SE sub-forum and saw Olaf contribute.  I checked and he is in Greensboro NC! Did he ever live in the MA? To top it off, I'm in NC too now. So the perennial dominance at the top is from 2 NC NOOBS? 

He used to be in DC, but last year, when you said you were moving, I remember joking that the two dominant players would both be in NC now! :lol: