Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
November 2019 discussion

weathafella

On 11/17/2019 at 11:55 AM, powderfreak said:

Honestly that's probably the best comparison I've heard yet.  I love when someone asks why a weather lover gets emotionally tied to an outcome when you have absolutely no control over the outcome.... well, folks.... enter professional sports!  Millions of people get very emotionally involved over stuff they have no control over.... watching the model runs come out is like watching your favorite sports team play 4 times a day, lol.  Hell people even set cities on fire over sporting outcomes they had no control over.  Makes weenies seem tame by comparison.

I actually think we get more emotionally tied because it's something we have no control over.  Think about this.... if we could control the outcome, wouldn't the weather be much less interesting?  We humans are wired in all sorts of interesting ways.

• Like 2

On 11/17/2019 at 10:19 AM, ORH_wxman said:

1921 is the year you're looking for. And yeah, it was actually quite windy in that ice storm. It was almost like the dec 2008 ice storm except 4-7F colder across the board so the coastline got big ice as well...not the cape but BOS did and down to the south facing shoreline where a N and NE wind is off land. 

The 1921 storm did start as snow too, so there was a few inches of snow underneath the ice which prob made it a bigger pain for cleaning the old walkways and roads. 

Will was that 1921 storm the Feb 1921 three day storm that dumped 18" of a mixture of snow, sleet and ice?  What an unbelievable storm that was!

Just now, MaineJayhawk said:

It'll be interesting to see what ineedsnow got from this, just to see if the douchebaggery towards him is warranted.

Well considering I was trying to explain how difficult it is to get snow from this and it seemed like it didn’t matter.....all we can do is try to tell them.  Sometimes I pray for a full blown torch based on how people are on here.

Just now, CoastalWx said:

Well considering I was trying to explain how difficult it is to get snow from this and it seemed like it didn’t matter.....all we can do is try to tell them.  Sometimes I pray for a full blown torch based on how people are on here.

Sounds like it snowed out there.  He said models indicated perhaps an inch, you debbied it yesterday and now are being dickish.  It's all good, I know who plays what roles here.