• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
July pattern(s) and discussion

Typhoon Tip

Install complete.  No more spring install and fall uninstall.  Thanks to [mention=709]butterfish55[/mention] for doing the electrical work.
Spent some quality time in that attic today....good thing it's not humid this summer. It's like buying a snowblower in October, insuring a snowless winter.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

Kudos to Kevin...I think he said BDL could come in around +4 or +5 this month...and some of the other stations would be big departures...well that's going to turn into a pretty damn good call. 

Thanks Wizzy. Let’s hope August works out as well. Would be nice to get some severe , but it looks mainly dry next few weeks with that Bermuda high built in 

21 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

Kudos to Kevin...I think he said BDL could come in around +4 or +5 this month...and some of the other stations would be big departures...well that's going to turn into a pretty damn good call. 

Yea, after 4 failed months...he finally scored. Looks like no big heat or dews first two weeks of Aug now so it’s just one month of big heat only after it was being advertised across all platforms vigorously since winter ended. That’s a lot of wasted time and money. Consumers around here are smart, they bought a couple weeks in July when warranted but hung up on cheap sales pitches otherwise.

2 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Yea, after 4 failed months...he finally scored. Looks like no big heat or dews first two weeks of Aug now so it’s just one month of big heat only that was being advertised across all platforms vigorously since winter ended. That’s a lot of wasted time and money. Consumers around here are smart.

If I recall, all spring there were calls that after day 9 it was going to be HHH for ever.

It's been hot and we've certainly had humid days but we've also had dry and cool days.  Even the non-weather watching folks at work have commented without prompting how this summer has not been humid.  Supposedly that is going to change but the verification details are sketchy.

I think we're in for more rinse and repeat. 

12 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Thanks Wizzy. Let’s hope August works out as well. Would be nice to get some severe , but it looks mainly dry next few weeks with that Bermuda high built in 

This summer has been quite disappointing in that department...which really sucks b/c the overall synoptic pattern the past 6 weeks or so has not been very bad at all...there were just some kinks which hurt our chances. 

2 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Yea, after 4 failed months...he finally scored. Looks like no big heat or dews first two weeks of Aug now so it’s just one month of big heat only that was being advertised across all platforms vigorously since winter ended. That’s a lot of wasted time and money. Consumers around here are smart, they bought a couple weeks in July when warranted but hung up on cheap sales pitches otherwise.

But to the degree of July has been in terms of what occurred that's not a bad call...and there were others harping on the potential too. Had it not been for the cut-off or -NAO in place for as long as it persisted we would have easily torched since late spring. That was the only thing which really stopped us. But yeah...projections moving into August right now (after the first week or few days) look more like a trough here

2 minutes ago, MetHerb said:

What delusion?  The last 26 days have not all been 70+ Dp's.  I seem to recall you saying we wouldn't have Dp's under 60 until September a couple of weeks ago.  How's that working out?

The ACATT’s called for cool comfy July . Instead we Julorched. Now they’re doing it for Augdewst, citing GEFs 

16 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

This summer has been quite disappointing in that department...which really sucks b/c the overall synoptic pattern the past 6 weeks or so has not been very bad at all...there were just some kinks which hurt our chances. 

But to the degree of July has been in terms of what occurred that's not a bad call...and there were others harping on the potential too. Had it not been for the cut-off or -NAO in place for as long as it persisted we would have easily torched since late spring. That was the only thing which really stopped us. But yeah...projections moving into August right now (after the first week or few days) look more like a trough here

If my aunt had a weenie she’d be my uncle.

-Steve