Most Online
    SWineman
    Newest Member
    SWineman

June Discobs 2019

26 minutes ago, MN Transplant said:

And now in visual form

GetMap_aspx.gif.03538f70f6f6482271eafc43d0cf9116.gif

I'm between the 0.20 and 0.78 to the south of Fairfax City (closer to the 0.20). We missed north and south with the storms at around 5-6:00, but then got hit flush with the one that popped up at around 7:00. Absolute gullywasher for 10 minutes or so, then had generally light rain for a few more hours.

Those two 1.5"+ reading look like places that got hit by the 6:00 storm and the 7:00 popup.

That storm that came through College Park was so tiny, I only got .33 inches while some other parts got .8. My neighborhood was on the northern edge of that storm. .38 total for me yesterday. Then I watched as just southeast of DC got storm after storm. lol  :weep:

2 hours ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

Not a drop from this entire 3 day "event".  Hardly even any clouds, except at night to hold the temps up.  

Yep, 0.01 here. Meanwhile Roanoke got back to back rockers.

Cool little cloud swirl moving off the DE shore in the last couple hours. Check vis satellite loop.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Actually been a pretty comfortable day working outside.  Currently 78/69 . I'd prefer to have some storm action but I'll take the current weather option for now .

9 hours ago, MN Transplant said:

Special for EJ

I live about .5 to 1 mile from this area. I can confirm that we got over 1" in about 15-30 minutes. One of my window wells filled up. It only does this when we get a heavy downpour in under one hour.  

38 minutes ago, coolio said:

I live about .5 to 1 mile from this area. I can confirm that we got over 1" in about 15-30 minutes. One of my window wells filled up. It only does this when we get a heavy downpour in under one hour.  

What she looked like before the quick 1":

IMG_0484.jpg

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, mattie g said:

We’ve gotten (and are getting) crushed with heavy rain in Burke. Must be some sort of boundary that set up over us.

31 minutes ago, jbakerman said:

2.15 from today, in Burke. Backyard nearly had rapids going in the downhill portion. Good stuff.

Yeah, you guys have been in a good spot today.  We are going to have a nice swath of 3-4” over two days south of 50 stretching back towards Clifton.  I’m still under an inch on the two days.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, MN Transplant said:

Special for EJ

This was a pic tonight at Columbia Pike and George Mason.  Some of the heaviest rain I have been in this year.

9E30A55F-136E-4B98-ACE6-B2CDF6525E43.jpeg

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, MN Transplant said:

Yeah, you guys have been in a good spot today.  We are going to have a nice swath of 3-4” over two days south of 50 stretching back towards Clifton.  I’m still under an inch on the two days.

It’s always frustrating to be just on the edge of these localized heavy rain events, particularly on the warm, humid days when you just want something to break the warmth in the evening.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, nj2va said:

I’ve been getting dumped on.  I want dry weather ASAP.

Don't worry, another stalling front arrives Sunday into Monday 

Winds have switched to the southeast currently.  They were out of the west.  Might be conducive for at least some heavy showers overnight.  Radar starting to pop up some showers in central Md 

7 hours ago, losetoa6 said:

Winds have switched to the southeast currently.  They were out of the west.  Might be conducive for at least some heavy showers overnight.  Radar starting to pop up some showers in central Md 

Had about 0.35” from a heavy shower just before midnight. Second day in a row like that and slept through both .

25 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Had about 0.35” from a heavy shower just before midnight. Second day in a row like that and slept through both .

Rain woke me up  . Didnt get a chance to check the VP2 but I'm sure it was a healthy amount in a short period. 

Nothing exciting here for this prolonged stalled front event, but have picked up just over an inch of rain since Monday. Going back to Monday last week, around 4.2 inches has fallen here.

10 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Nothing exciting here for this prolonged stalled front event, but have picked up just over an inch of rain since Monday. Going back to Monday last week, around 4.2 inches has fallen here.

Actually better luck last week here , 48 hours of FFW has equaled about .30 here. But, the watch was a good idea, areas in Newark, DE had flash flooding and in Dover as well, very localized though.

What is interesting is the morning gray theme going back to April and most of May.  If you are a morning person and enjoy the first rays of sun to charge your get up and go, this weather sucks.  

Impact on garden not sure, but might be concerned when the tomatoes start to get to the ripening stage. Last August after the super high dews fungus set in and also grass fungus too causing the worse grass loss here in 20 years.

Hey,  I love your fire pit !!  Nice job ! 

• Like 1

Interesting Day 1 to 3 from the WPC

Zooming in on our area, seems like .50 inch, maybe .75.  Not that much when you compare the wording form some of the local NWS offices. 

I know so far the forecast for most from the WPC from 4 days ago has not really worked out that great so far.  Localized impacts are evident by the comments in this forum,  and a general tough forecast for sure in nailing down everything from rainfall totals to severe weather impacts with this system.    

d13_fill.gif?1560945855028

9 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

A meager .06" since last Thursday, but still hoping to get a good soaking before the frontal passage.

Confirms my obs - we’ve missed almost everything. Except for the humidity - that is most certainly here.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

A meager .06" since last Thursday, but still hoping to get a good soaking before the frontal passage.

only 0.16 here, so not doing much better than you.