• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    diviningweather
    Newest Member
    diviningweather

June Discobs 2019

6 hours ago, losetoa6 said:

Rain woke me up  . Didnt get a chance to check the VP2 but I'm sure it was a healthy amount in a short period. 

.49" from that heavy shower overnight 

1 hour ago, losetoa6 said:

.49" from that heavy shower overnight 

damn. must have skirted north of me after it hit you. only 0.07 overnight around 1am

• Sad 1

Some decent popups but wayy south of me.  I am looking forward to the possible lows in the 50s here Fri and Saturday nights. 

Sparky might get skimmed by that cell in Southern Carroll most likely. 

The DC rain hole live and in action!  If I manage to get no rain today, I'm going to go laugh uncontrollably and then drink a few beers. 

These cells are low topped and pretty slow movers. Even some backbuilding. Places that get underneath this activity tonight can pick up a lot of rain quick.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, C.A.P.E. said:

These cells are low topped and pretty slow movers. Even some backbuilding. Places that get underneath this activity tonight can pick up a lot of rain quick.

Yep...northern Montgomery has some regeneration happening 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Quite the impressive split going on over my house right now. Crossing my fingers for it to fill in.

I bet you get filled in B). BTW ...Hows the Brewing Co. Job going?

• Haha 1

I’m in clarksburg/ northern Germantown,  relentless rain for the last 90min.  

Closing in on 4”   Best rain I’ve seen in years. #training

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Yep...northern Montgomery has some regeneration happening 

Check out the one hour total on radar for MoCo. Might be overdone, but probably some 1-2 inch amounts.

• Like 1

I had a nice shower about an hour ago. My garden is exploding in growth. Tonight feels like one of those nights where you wake up to flashes of lightning and rumbling thunder.

3 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

I bet you get filled in B). BTW ...Hows the Brewing Co. Job going?

Good call. I just got the first downpour of the week.

Brewery job is going well. I've had the time to brew with the head brewer a couple of times and help with dry-hopping and adding purée to the fermenter. Most of the time I'm in the tap room being a grunt.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Good call. I just got the first downpour of the week.

Brewery job is going well. I've had the time to brew with the head brewer a couple of times and help with dry-hopping and adding purée to the fermenter. Most of the time I'm in the tap room being a grunt.

Awesome! Hanging with the Head brewer ...dam* that's progress lol

Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.  I got home at 6:30, saw the blank radar, and went out to water my parched gardens.  A few fat drops started splashing down so I looked at Radarscope and saw a small shower developing overhead.  Meh, kept watering.  It suddenly darkens and starts raining pretty hard, so I stop and come in.  WOW!  That cell exploded over us giving us about 1 inch in 20-30 minutes, with decent CTG lightning.  Then more formed just SW and trained over us.  Finally winding down with about 2 inches in the gauge.  Below is the shot of the first cell over me just minutes after it formed, and a wide shot showing how isolated it was.

image.png.7a4dcbba0f33e98ab0dd6161d5c15b83.png

image.png.98ef87defe58e8e72cbf3a3e4bc2d3f4.png

• Like 4

Not a drop here but the view of the storms to the east was awesome with the setting sun. Crappy cellphone shot... d3a2c3989a903c4b67c447f0c1b18a59.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

• Like 3

1 hour ago, WxUSAF said:

Very brief heavy shower

Another shower starting. Saw one lightning flash and heard a couple thunder claps in the distance.

49 minutes ago, BlizzardNole said:

Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.  I got home at 6:30, saw the blank radar, and went out to water my parched gardens.  A few fat drops started splashing down so I looked at Radarscope and saw a small shower developing overhead.  Meh, kept watering.  It suddenly darkens and starts raining pretty hard, so I stop and come in.  WOW!  That cell exploded over us giving us about 1 inch in 20-30 minutes, with decent CTG lightning.  Then more formed just SW and trained over us.  Finally winding down with about 2 inches in the gauge.  Below is the shot of the first cell over me just minutes after it formed, and a wide shot showing how isolated it was.

image.png.7a4dcbba0f33e98ab0dd6161d5c15b83.png

image.png.98ef87defe58e8e72cbf3a3e4bc2d3f4.png

So, your garden was dying because it was too dry and now it’ll die because it’s too wet? 

:P