• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    crossbowftw3
    Newest Member
    crossbowftw3

March Banter 2019

1 minute ago, showmethesnow said:

25 mph through that stretch. But people are quite often doing 45+. Neighbors car that got planted on top of mine slid a good 8+ feet by looking at the skid marks. Pretty big accomplishment considering he has a Toyota 4 Runner and he said he also had 400-500 lbs of tools in the back as well. So yeah, he was speeding. Claimed he fell asleep but I wonder if he was texting. The hour and a half dealing with the police there he spent a good 75% of his time on his phone texting.

Bummer. Good luck with insurance.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, showmethesnow said:

25 mph through that stretch. But people are quite often doing 45+. Neighbors car that got planted on top of mine slid a good 8+ feet by looking at the skid marks. Pretty big accomplishment considering he has a Toyota 4 Runner and he said he also had 400-500 lbs of tools in the back as well. So yeah, he was speeding. Claimed he fell asleep but I wonder if he was texting. The hour and a half dealing with the police there he spent a good 75% of his time on his phone texting.

Yeah, way to go there bud. Cause a wreck where several cars get damaged in a 25 mph zone then stay on the phone while discussing it with the cops. Not very bright.... hope it all ends up in your favor!!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, showmethesnow said:

So this is how my weekend started at 5 am this morning. My beater, AKA Dog Mobile, took a hit. Guy sideswiped one of my neighbors cars before plowing into my neighbors second car which ended up resting on top of my car. Thankfully he wasn't hurt but I have a feeling my car may have seen its last days (thinking it will be totaled) as well as possibly my neighbors second car. Have had that Cavalier since 2002 and the only major money I ever put into it was for a rusted tail pipe. Even though it looked a little rough I loved that car, had a stick and was much easier on gas then my pickup. Have to now decide whether it is worth reinvesting in a 3rd vehicle again. The weekend can only improve from here, Right?

Optimized-IMG_0657.thumb.JPG.45b26414cd15f95698f490bd776172ef.JPG

Optimized-IMG_0666.thumb.JPG.5e88757c21d37f39d60ec59eb291b9f7.JPG

That should buff right out

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

12 hours ago, showmethesnow said:

So this is how my weekend started at 5 am this morning. My beater, AKA Dog Mobile, took a hit. Guy sideswiped one of my neighbors cars before plowing into my neighbors second car which ended up resting on top of my car. Thankfully he wasn't hurt but I have a feeling my car may have seen its last days (thinking it will be totaled) as well as possibly my neighbors second car. Have had that Cavalier since 2002 and the only major money I ever put into it was for a rusted tail pipe. Even though it looked a little rough I loved that car, had a stick and was much easier on gas then my pickup. Have to now decide whether it is worth reinvesting in a 3rd vehicle again. The weekend can only improve from here, Right?

Optimized-IMG_0657.thumb.JPG.45b26414cd15f95698f490bd776172ef.JPG

Optimized-IMG_0666.thumb.JPG.5e88757c21d37f39d60ec59eb291b9f7.JPG

If this winter was a car

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

143" at the snow stake this morning. Below average for March / another 5 to 10" on Tuesday.  April skiing should be pretty good here. If anyone likes Spring Skiing then come on over.

0310191239a.jpg

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, snownut said:

143" at the snow stake this morning. Below average for March / another 5 to 10" on Tuesday.  April skiing should be pretty good here. If anyone likes Spring Skiing then come on over.

0310191239a.jpg

You are in Dundalk, right?

• Haha 3

Spent the weekend in Gettysburg checking out the battlefields...still a decent amount of snow. The snow and fog combined actually made for quite the scene today.

• Like 2

On 3/8/2019 at 9:08 PM, mattie g said:

Headed to Oklahoma City on Monday and looks like a severe threat in the middle of the week. Don’t know a thing about severe, so I wonder how much of a threat it really is. 

just a quick look at SPC and looks like threat is south of OKC. Worth keeping an eye on though. 

I took some time to get away from it all this weekend. I know there was a conversation about the best winter locations recently. Upstate NY is hard to beat. 

K8roshs.jpg

lWRRDK3.jpg

LP743NZ.jpg

• Like 9

1 hour ago, WxWatcher007 said:

I took some time to get away from it all this weekend. I know there was a conversation about the best winter locations recently. Upstate NY is hard to beat. 

K8roshs.jpg

lWRRDK3.jpg

LP743NZ.jpg

Man that's one long ass selfie stick you got there

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Pack it up @showmethesnow, it's time for severe season :) 

Severe season? You mean with thunderstorms? The season we Fail at most of the time as well? Or are you talking severe as in Tropical? The season that is King of Fail for our region. So hard to keep track of all the Fail we in the mid-Atlantic endure. :lol:

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, mappy said:

THIS

You know me Mappy. I go down with the ship. :D

Of course I have more leeway later in the season then those to my south and especially those in the cities. So I can somewhat realistically expect chances deep into March if not early April on occasion.

25 minutes ago, showmethesnow said:

Severe season? You mean with thunderstorms? The season we Fail at most of the time as well? Or are you talking severe as in Tropical? The season that is King of Fail for our region. So hard to keep track of all the Fail we in the mid-Atlantic endure. :lol:

I think this sums things up nicely. 

giphy.gif?cid=3640f6095c87d3776c30327949

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, mappy said:

THIS

I want to get back out to the Midwest SO BADLY but alas, no money or time. 

It takes time to prepare for tropical. That's really my jam. 

44 minutes ago, showmethesnow said:

We do heat. 

And (precipless) wind, we do that pretty well too. Lets track.

4 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

We do heat. 

And (precipless) wind, we do that pretty well too. Lets track.

We really haven't done heat too well the last few years. Not that I am complaining mind you. 

14 minutes ago, showmethesnow said:

We really haven't done heat too well the last few years. Not that I am complaining mind you. 

Yeah, that’s sucked. I like a good Sonoran heat release.

15 minutes ago, showmethesnow said:

We certainly have done soupy.

warm + humid is heat in my book.

• Like 1

“Severe”: two distant rumbles is thunder with 10 minutes of moderate rain and 20mph gusts

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, WxUSAF said:

“Severe”: two distant rumbles is thunder with 10 minutes of moderate rain and 20mph gusts

What's sad is that some years I have had better severe during the dead of winter then I have seen during the spring and summer.

4 hours ago, showmethesnow said:

You know me Mappy. I go down with the ship. :D

Of course I have more leeway later in the season then those to my south and especially those in the cities. So I can somewhat realistically expect chances deep into March if not early April on occasion.

Oh I know. And I am sure if there is a good chance, I will follow with one eye closed (ha!) 

3 hours ago, WxWatcher007 said:

I want to get back out to the Midwest SO BADLY but alas, no money or time. 

It takes time to prepare for tropical. That's really my jam. 

the storm out in the plains should be super fun to watch unfold. be sure to follow @weatherdak as he will post a ton of satellite imagery

• Thanks 1