• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Hc7
    Newest Member
    Hc7
WxUSAF

March 1, 2019 Light Snow Chance

The coastal in the evening is much more robust on the NAM through 31.  Huge slug of precip in central VA.  Don't know if temps will cooperate yet.

3 minutes ago, LP08 said:

The coastal in the evening is much more robust on the NAM through 31.  Huge slug of precip in central VA.  Don't know if temps will cooperate yet.

I was just about to say that. I'm looking at 12K but it's too warm unless you are way west.

Just now, osfan24 said:

I was just about to say that. I'm looking at 12K but it's too warm unless you are way west.

Yup.  A nice 34 degree rainy coastal.  Western VA and MD stay frozen all day with mixed precip.  Looks like closer in with a change back over but its moving out by then.  

Just now, LP08 said:

Yup.  A nice 34 degree rainy coastal.  Western VA and MD stay frozen all day with mixed precip.  Looks like closer in with a change back over but its moving out by then.  

Yep, too late developing, too fast moving, not cold enough, etc. Just a tease.

The precip that will affect us hasn’t even blossomed yet, unsure how anybody is coming to the conclusion that it’ll be too far north. I think DC sees 1-2”. Baltimore 2-3” suburbs 3-4”. 5” Max around parrs ridge and other areas with climo advantage 

• Like 1

Planning for a 2-4” inch event here in Howard county. Looks like a good bet for most of central Maryland up through the pa line. Dc is likely 1-2”. Montgomery county into NoVa is a wild card IMO... could easily see 1-2 or 2-4” depending on how that band sets up. Back off the ledge from weenie suicide guys....

12k NAM showing coastal development is interesting. Doubt it means much for this storm. BUT.. could change Sunday for the better if it strengthens and turns into a 50/50 of sorts, pushing the Sunday-Mon storm south of us.  

• Like 1

Just now, jayyy said:

Planning for a 2-4” inch event here in Howard county. Looks like a good bet for most of central Maryland up through the pa line. Dc is likely 1-2”. Montgomery county into NoVa is a wild card IMO... could easily see 1-2 or 2-4” depending on how that band sets up. 

I understand a lot of guidance says that but I would honestly lean 1-2” thru your area into Baltimore...2-3” north of us. 

• Like 1

Very confusing reading this thread.  Seems like we may now may have the potential for two small bursts of snow.  A Friday am snow burst from 2-5am and perhaps another snow burst Saturday early am.  If you happen to be under both bursts, and temps cooperate. you may end up with 4 or so inches.  Then again, you may end up with fizzle or a dusting.  GOOD LUCK!

I'm not convinced tonight is going to amount to much, but I see that Mt. Holly pulled the trigger on advisories all the way to the coast and south almost to Salisbury, so maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised tomorrow AM.

Good riddance, AA County.  No snow days left in the calendar.

IF SCHOOLS ARE CLOSED ON EITHER FRIDAY, MARCH 1, OR MONDAY, MARCH 4: Tuesday, March 5, becomes a normal school day and parent-teacher conferences are canceled.

IF SCHOOLS ARE CLOSED ON BOTH FRIDAY, MARCH 1, AND MONDAY, MARCH 4: Tuesday, March 5, becomes a normal school day and parent-teacher conferences are canceled. Additionally, the last day of the school year for students would move from Friday, June 14, to Monday, June 17.

Since nobody else is paying attention to the snow that starts in 10 hours, I’ll note that the 18z GFS is solid. 2-4” for all the metro areas.

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Since nobody else is paying attention to the snow that starts in 10 hours, I’ll note that the 18z GFS is solid. 2-4” for all the metro areas.

I think so far 18z runs are better

4 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Meh. Nobody cares about real snow tomorrow. We only care about digital fake snow 10 days from now. Hi @Ji :lol:

Happy hour lives!

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, leesburg 04 said:

I think so far 18z runs are better

there has been a trend for the most part this year to improve at the last minute before game time

33/16 in Emmitsburg.

Heading into work in Smithsburg at 10pm. Get off at 730am. Have a little light truck that sucks in snow. Looks like I'm probably going to get stuck at the hospital.