Total Members
    Most Online
    SWineman
    Newest Member
    SWineman
40/70 Benchmark

March Disco

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

What about his recollection of frisbees floating over guys butts while what uppe’d the dudes? Spot on?

:lmao:

17 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

What about his recollection of frisbees floating over guys butts while what uppe’d the dudes? Spot on?

I’ve noticed you have a lot to say about these things lately.  I think it’s time for you to start owning it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

How confident are we the cold and dry dews is gonna be a thing for a week or more 

Lock it in

3 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

Would be fitting. I actually remember how annoyed I was From march 97. We had a cold month with a 5” deal I think prior to 3/10 and a big NW gale, but it was frustrating. Also a frustrating winter on the coast. Then it all changed on 3/31. Gosh I still get chills thinking about that storm. Nothing will beat that for me.

I think my favorites of all the pics I've seen on this site are the ones you posted that were taken during that event - topped by the one of you standing waist deep surrounded by uber-plastered trees and buildings.

Maine missed out on that one, but had a much lesser storm a half-day earlier - dumped about 7" at my (then) home in Gardiner, also caused my worst commute in Maine, as the homeward drive took 1:45 instead of the usual 55 minutes.  Still had a few flakes in the air as the 5"/hr stuff descended on SNE.

Probably by a narrow wedge and three or so hour we'll end up with a decent afternoon looking at sat trends..

3 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

One thing that really came to light this year for me, was how easy measuring was due to the lack of coastal storms. My neighborhood is virtually impossible to get a good measurement during coastal storms. This year was a rather satisfying pleasure of measuring without second-guessing myself. 

Quite possibly the lamest, backhanded, passive aggressive thing I've read on here in a while.

Basically, Scott... One of the prince of all snow weenies is telling us that he was satisfied with this shitty winter (specifically no significant coastal storms) because it allowed him to get better measurements. 

lolololololololollolololololollololololololol

hotdog.jpg

• Haha 1

It's interesting ... but despite the foreign model types, pretty much unilaterally all having a mid/extended range amplitude bias (however subtle or gross, notwithstanding) ... the run-up saga to this PNA in the models has always been the GFS product suite that's kleenex and hand-lotioning storminess.  

It's hard to figure that out and why.  I wouldn't be shocked if we see the CPC version off the PNA continue to drop off nearing April 1 ... one or two members sagged yesterday; I thought at the time, 'yup, there it is... tomorrow we'll see them all start to do that, en masse' and low and behold, they are.  Just looking at the EPS mean thru D10 where free/available gives 'nough indication that the GEF's PNA might be amped relative to -

4 hours ago, Lava Rock said:

It gonna rain hard real soon

Did you enjoy your 20 min shower?

1 hour ago, tamarack said:

I think my favorites of all the pics I've seen on this site are the ones you posted that were taken during that event - topped by the one of you standing waist deep surrounded by uber-plastered trees and buildings.

Maine missed out on that one, but had a much lesser storm a half-day earlier - dumped about 7" at my (then) home in Gardiner, also caused my worst commute in Maine, as the homeward drive took 1:45 instead of the usual 55 minutes.  Still had a few flakes in the air as the 5"/hr stuff descended on SNE.

I love that you enjoy those. I know it reminds you of  that event you had I believe in 2009? 

45 minutes ago, Cold Miser said:

Quite possibly the lamest, backhanded, passive aggressive thing I've read on here in a while.

Basically, Scott... One of the prince of all snow weenies is telling us that he was satisfied with this shitty winter (specifically no significant coastal storms) because it allowed him to get better measurements. 

lolololololololollolololololollololololololol

hotdog.jpg

Wait huh? Lol. Just saying it was nice to just stick a ruler in a spot and feel confident in the measurement. 

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

Wait huh? Lol. Just saying it was nice to just stick a ruler in a spot and feel confident in the measurement. 

You should always feel confident no matter your size.

4 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

This year was a rather satisfying measure while pleasuring without second-guessing myself. 

wtf

• Haha 1

Just now, NorEastermass128 said:

Low 60s with some sun to the coast. That’s not springlike to you?

All clouds here with mud all around as the last signs of snow melt away in the woods. Spring is sunny, warm, birds chirping, flowers blossoming, mowers rev’ing, and a crew of high school girls blasting Cardi B. I see and hear none of it. 

Just now, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

All clouds here with mud all around as the last signs of snow melt away in the woods. Spring is sunny, warm, birds chirping, flowers blossoming, mowers rev’ing, and a crew of high school girls blasting Cardi B. I see and hear none of it. 

The former up here is spring. The latter is summer. 

• Haha 1

12z Euro illustrates a lot ..

Explains rather nicely why later winter enthusiasts are being personally violated (ha) ... But -ta, that D4 tells the story of a phenomenal pattern that has utter twaddle to work with downstream of the +PNA created ridge. 

That pallid 546 dm, 500 mb impulse ... track that backward to D1/2 ..you can see it get ejected out of the E Pac, ride up and over the ridge, and then dives down toward the Missouri Valley thru D5; but what gets eject and completes the course work is a big huge piece of weak shit... 

It's ...poooossible though probably less than plausible (haha... that's awesome) that it's underdone, but that thing being so weak is really the whole corn-holing along the EC.  Noormally in that sort of over all structural evolution, there is much more to that diving impulse, but it's just been a repeating theme for days if not a week's worth of cycles that there is just no and/or very weak intermediate stream S/W available to that down stream negative heights ...  to the point of being just weird to see.  

I'd be willing to bet that the way the Euro has/had that look is in fact a negative anomaly relative to those overall flow structures/ridges of the past.  I mean, quantifiable -

It's funny after that ... 

the model tries to run a 500 mb February storm look with early April 850 mb thermal medium coast to coast. Interesting...  

Probably a dynamical/blue bomb petri-dish out there... but, concomitant with that look and this time of year there is 0 predictive skill. 

Really blocky on the LR Euro in Canada...maybe a chance to score one more time in that time frame.