Total Members
    Most Online
    SWineman
    Newest Member
    SWineman
40/70 Benchmark

March Disco

45 minutes ago, Whineminster said:

One more good week of riding next weekend. 

Depending on how far we want to travel, Were probably good up here for a few more weeks on the trails as long as clubs are still grooming but off trail will go at least a month or so barring any real warm soaker.

1 hour ago, weatherwiz said:

That clipper Monday could be a nice little fluff bomb

2019031406_GFS_105_41.54,-72.95_severe_ml.png

image.thumb.png.082085a68932c897cd8ae66e6aab7d76.png

Wiz holding out hope for one more dusting.

...Plus all kinds of owl talk.

Winter is over in SNE.  Spin will still get another 24-30 before the end of April.

6 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

NNE snowpack longevity, Colorado wind gusts/low pressure records, and Memphis severe weather assessments are topics of conversation in here. Time to cancel Weatherbell.

I usually cancel 04/01

Outside of tomorrow, Last nights 0z Euro didn't look very torchy over the next 10 days.

5 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Outside of tomorrow, Last nights 0z Euro didn't look very torchy over the next 10 days.

Cold and dry gives a more orderly melt

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, dryslot said:

If the EPO dumps like that the rest of the month will not be torchy. 

Just now, Ginx snewx said:

If the EPO dumps like that the rest of the month will not be torchy. 

Yup, Spring delayed.

2 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

Cold and dry gives a more orderly melt

The dry part i don't like, But we could get something to pop.

3 hours ago, dryslot said:

On FB in the last week, I have seen a lot of pics in this area from people of owls, I'm curious to the reason why.

We had an owl (possibly a boreal owl) in our yard last week (we hear them all summer yelling at each other - barred). Also saw one at work.  They are everywhere right now.  Amazing uptick in their population.  

The chipmunk and mice and squirrel pop in my hood has taken a beating.   We also had 2 bobcats in our yard in February (wife and daughter saw them by our pool). Regular fox visitor.  Occasional fisher cat.

Bears have been scare though

4 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

We had an owl (possibly a boreal owl) in our yard last week (we hear them all summer yelling at each other - barred). Also saw one at work.  They are everywhere right now.  Amazing uptick in their population.  

The chipmunk and mice and squirrel pop in my hood has taken a beating.   We also had 2 bobcats in our yard in February (wife and daughter saw them by our pool). Regular fox visitor.  Occasional fisher cat.

Its seems to be an uptick all of a sudden, My company is in an old textile mill here, And we have a couple owls that hang out and cull the pigeon population, Maintenance has to go up on the roof twice a year to clear the pigeon carcasses, Were actually invading these animals habitats.

Just now, dryslot said:

My company is in an old textile mill here, And we have a couple owls that hang out and cull the pigeon population, Maintenance have to go up on the roof twice a year to clear the pigeon carcasses.

The barred owls get so loud during the late spring   They go on and on at each other. What a racket.

I also saw my first ermines ever this winter.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

We've actually been having bears down here. They were out about in the fall and have made a reappearance recently. I have to keep a watch out on my runs. They're always in garbage cans.

Let's have some posts about how warm April is going to be  because long-range models have been so accurate this year.

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

@CoastalWx daily post count under 100 enages in spring.

It’s over. One squinted weenie eye for something semi interesting, but we enaging in Sping. That usually means a certain poster starts to turn to the tarmacs of an international airport located in the CT Valley or nrn CT while folks in NNE rock back and forth, hoping to not see visible signs of a glaciated snowpack melting. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Minenfeld! said:

We've actually been having bears down here. They were out about in the fall and have made a reappearance recently. I have to keep a watch out on my runs. They're always in garbage cans.

Right after I posted this I saw a news story about how a highway in the town next to mine was temporarily closed this morning so a family of bears could be moved away from the highway...

I just haven't seen them in my actual neighborhood in a few years.  I'm sure they are there though.  We had a huge one about 10 feet from our front door one late morning in June around 2006

16 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Its seems to be an uptick all of a sudden, My company is in an old textile mill here, And we have a couple owls that hang out and cull the pigeon population, Maintenance has to go up on the roof twice a year to clear the pigeon carcasses, Were actually invading these animals habitats.

And sometimes inadvertently creating them.  Back when peregrine numbers were dangerously low, some of the best hacking sites were Manhattan skyscrapers - safety for the chicks and unending pigeons to feed them.

3 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Right after I posted this I saw a news story about how a highway in the town next to mine was temporarily closed this morning so a family of bears could be moved away from the highway...

I just haven't seen them in my actual neighborhood in a few years.  I'm sure they are there though.  We had a huge one about 10 feet from our front door one late morning in June around 2006

Its the bear awakening right now........lol

12 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

It’s over. One squinted weenie eye for something semi interesting, but we enaging in Sping. That usually means a certain poster starts to turn to the tarmacs of an international airport located in the CT Valley or nrn CT while folks in NNE rock back and forth, hoping to not see visible signs of a glaciated snowpack melting. 

Ha, I'm not one of them.  Melt it.  I want to just take my dog for a walk in the woods without randomly post-holing to my weenie.  

This winter's longevity has me looking forward to grass for the first time in many winters. 

Just now, powderfreak said:

Ha, I'm not one of them.  Melt it.  I want to just take my dog for a walk in the woods without randomly post-holing to my weenie.  

This winter's longevity has me looking forward to grass for the first time in many winters. 

Yeah but c'mon.....if a 24-inch birch breaking blue bomb was coming down Route 89.....you'd take it. 

5 minutes ago, Whineminster said:

Yeah but c'mon.....if a 24-inch birch breaking blue bomb was coming down Route 89.....you'd take it. 

There not fooling anyone, lol, You can tell who the ones that have had plenty of snow this winter and the ones that have had none, Both want to move on.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, dryslot said:

There not fooling anyone, lol, You can tell who the ones that have had plenty of snow this winter and the ones that have had none, Both want to move on.

I’ll all for a blue bomb.  But at least this winter ended on a decent note. Managed to squeeze in a double digit event and by a large margin. 

Just now, CoastalWx said:

I’ll all for a blue bomb.  But at least this winter ended on a decent note. Managed to squeeze in a double digit event and by a large margin. 

You lucked out no doub't, Overall, Wasn't great for many, My grade is a C - here.