Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March Disco

40/70 Benchmark

Just now, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I have the stats somewhere...I got like 3.5"/hr for 3 hours between like 5-7pm.

We had a paste job and then the final several hours were much fluffier. It's hard to describe, but it really enhances the look when that happens...makes it look very impressive. 

8 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

You were a good 5 miles from me , radar was better .

id love to see that radar again, thought that band was gonna set up over me then it pushed west initially and destroyed Framingham to ORH

It had moved to where I was on the east edge, then came back over me...favorite event.

Y'all obviously have more wisdom than I do  in not wasting your time like me, trying to figure how in the f* these American teleconnectors can be signaling a doom's day bomb the way they are ... yet, no operation run anywhere wants to commit to even a middling system.  Baffling

This may be the more elaborate example of teleconnector breakdown - and even 50% failure is relatively rare... - in the history of the technology.  fascinating 

5 minutes ago, Whineminster said:

This talk of an old storm from yore is all Banter, let's keep this thread to the impending blizzard the middle of next week.....k?

Meh... it can be frustrating if one is hoping to gather present insights from others.... ? 

but in this case, it's 45 and sill air sunshine on the Ides of March ...with used kitty litter in the models - I think we should cut folks a break and relax the posture a little.  

• Thanks 1

Just now, Typhoon Tip said:

Meh... it can be frustrating if one is hoping to gather present insights from others.... ? 

but in this case, it's 45 and sill air sunshine on the Ides of March ...with used kitty litter in the models - I think we should cut folks a break and relax the posture a little.  

Next week is so far out there that there's only so much you can discuss. The threat is still sorta there..not much more to say beyond that. Trying to get more specific or deterministic is getting a little too voodoo to me.

1 minute ago, dendrite said:

Celebrating what is...

The CON record/near record highs for March 2012

3/08 66F (#2)
3/12 69F (#1)
3/13 71F (#1)
3/18 81F (#1)
3/19 81F (#1)
3/20 81F (#1)
3/21 83F (#1)
3/22 84F (#1)
3/23 72F (#3)

That is how you Morch.

I wonder if anyone installed.  I'm going to guess 'yes'.

4 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Next week is so far out there that there's only so much you can discuss. The threat is still sorta there..not much more to say beyond that. Trying to get more specific or deterministic is getting a little too voodoo to me.

Yeah...that too - that's sort of built into the " ...used kitty litter" snark - haha.

right tho... The GGEM is interestingly the only run that seems to be at long last making use of the period nearing the Eq.  which I believe ( barring a bowler) is the last super synoptic scaled - supporting hurrah of the dying winter.  The swan song .... 

We'll just have to see if said bird is flopping in the yard with a broken wing -