• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 2019 Discussion I

NorEastermass128

nice long duration cold overrunning event on the 18z starts Wed afternoon and runs through end Friday on the 18z GFS.

This is going back to my thoughts a few days ago ...when I intimated not putting money down on a big warm penetration to our latitudes with any modicum of N/stream actively whizzing by thru S/SE Canada...

Thrown for a loop when the Euro bucked that for a couple cycles... but it does seem not like we're getting into the early homages of a consensus to maybe trash that idea. 

But man... GFS buckin' for a 1046 high with CAD arc to NCY while trying to run a 60+ air mass overtop... Can't pin down an ice storm at this range but that's f ominous...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Typhoon Tip said:

nice long duration cold overrunning event on the 18z starts Wed afternoon and runs through end Friday on the 18z GFS.

This is going back to my thoughts a few days ago ...when I intimated not putting money down on a big warm penetration to our latitudes with any modicum of N/stream actively whizzing by thru S/SE Canada...

Thrown for a loop when the Euro bucked that for a couple cycles... but it does seem not like we're getting into the early homages of a consensus to maybe trash that idea. 

But man... GFS buckin' for a 1046 high with CAD arc to NCY while trying to run a 60+ air mass overtop... Can't pin down an ice storm at this range but that's f ominous...

One might say it’s imminent.

• Haha 4

I hope its not 36hrs adding up to .6" qpf. 

• Like 1

Imminence 

6 minutes ago, codfishsnowman said:

is there anyway to just make it so he can have his damaging ice storm while everyone else enjoys a cold rain??

Not sure it's possible. BDL drains the cold down the valley better than Tolland, and if it's rain at ORH you can be sure a downsloping NE wind will mean rain in Tolland too. It just isn't a great location for big ice storms.

7 hours ago, weathafella said:

What did you see?

I had gone earlier in the day to see “Percy Jackson: The Lightning Thief” with my school.  I enjoyed it and thought my drama obsessed daughter would like it, so I got tickets after work and went with my two ladies.  It was at the Hanover Theater.  Fun times

• Like 1

7 hours ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Drove through Pit III area on the way home from the theater in ORH.  Love that part of the city.   

We briefly saw -5F in part of the Hubb but got back to 3F in our driveway.  Weird.

Do that again in 3 weeks and you can stop in.

58 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Wasn’t exactly a good trend for next week.

Yup--this one blows. 

My car was reading -7 in Deerfield last night, and -6 at the Greenfield rotary.

1* now off a low of 0*.