Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2019 Discussion II

Typhoon Tip

1 minute ago, dryslot said:

And your already seeing signs on where they will be coming from, Last nights run were not the best i will agree, But i remain reserved at this lead time, That cold is not getting eroded here like some modeling tries to do, May pelt more after snow, But we will see.

You remain reserved because you are in NNE , LMAO, not the pike area 

Scooter has been more vocal than usual , that speaks volumes if you have been on this board years , most don’t wanna hear it .

im making plans to head to VT

Just now, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Scooter has been more vocal than usual , that speaks volumes if you have been on this board years , most don’t wanna hear it .

Bring your plow truck, my snowblower is still down.  

1 minute ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

How many days are we out again? Its been mentioned over and over again that some areas were going to be problematic in this setup, I don't see where any of that has changed or may change, But if you want to buy these runs verbatim to what there printing out to be end result, Have at it.

For the record I’m not 100% calling for rains to Maine’s like a certain person assumes. All I am saying is that I think the risk is for something like the euro op. It’s a risk....not a definite. 5 or so days out is still an eternity with this. Gonna take 2-3 days to sort it out. In addition to the two pieces of energy in the Plains, look in the Atlantic. There will be a closed ULL forming east of Bermuda. That also could put the squeeze play on ridging ahead of the digging energy in the Midwest and East. Although I do think the main issue is how the euro basically phases these two pieces of energy in the Deep South and the gfs clearly does not at the same time. 

• Like 1

I’m paying to wpc and gyx and I think it’s majority snow up here.  I think the rain sleet and snow lines will level off at 12z and then trend back south.  Potent arctic blast Thursday and a decent moderate storm passing by Friday are the reasons, also the tendencies of models to do this and then revert toward earlier solutions.

4 minutes ago, dryslot said:

How many days are we out again? Its been mentioned over and over again that some areas were going to be problematic in this setup, I don't see where any of that has changed or may change, But if you want to buy these runs verbatim to what there printing out to be end result, Have at it.

Now, now. I know you want your 6 incher 

4 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

For the record I’m not 100% calling for rains to Maine’s like a certain person assumes. All I am saying is that I think the risk is for something like the euro op. It’s a risk....not a definite. 5 or so days out is still an eternity with this. Gonna take 2-3 days to sort it out. In addition to the two pieces of energy in the Plains, look in the Atlantic. There will be a closed ULL forming east of Bermuda. That also could put the squeeze play on ridging ahead of the digging energy in the Midwest and East. Although I do think the main issue is how the euro basically phases these two pieces of energy in the Deep South and the gfs clearly does not at the same time. 

Scooter to further bring people to reality what are your thoughts on snowfall amounts from Friday for SNE. It’s ok...they need to kno. It’s very marginal and looks to go to rain baring a stronger secondary that doesn’t track over Boston.

looks like another Berks to S VT to MHT and Maine deal on GFS. Not locked in but probably favored .

2 minutes ago, SnoSki14 said:

Just amazing, it's been two months since I've had a measurable snowfall and there's nothing on the horizon. 

Yet living in NJ that's not unheard of versus good ole Boston. As of Jan 15 this is easily in my top 5 most awful winters, it's been like a colder, wetter version of 11/12.

On the upside, the frequency of our rainstorms has dropped from every 3 days to only once a week.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, SnoSki14 said:

Just amazing, it's been two months since I've had a measurable snowfall and there's nothing on the horizon. 

Yet living in NJ that's not unheard of versus good ole Boston. As of Jan 15 this is easily in my top 5 most awful winters, it's been like a colder, wetter version of 11/12.

Ummm u have snow coming Thursday night and Sunday night

• Confused 1

Just now, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Big key. Need the PV to stay above and not stretch to the SW into the base of the trough as much. 

It's not a big shift, but it probably matters once we get down to details. Obviously we're far enough out right now that any one of these shifts can just get erased in one run.

The primary in W KY/W TN is actually a bit stronger this run, but the heights out ahead of it are lower because of the PV orientation...they are two opposing forces.

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

It's not a big shift, but it probably matters once we get down to details. Obviously we're far enough out right now that any one of these shifts can just get erased in one run.

The primary in W KY/W TN is actually a bit stronger this run, but the heights out ahead of it are lower because of the PV orientation...they are two opposing forces.

Primary has been trending stronger, unfortunately. This has the makings of a swfe. Thump, ice, rain with a cold tuck light snow at the end. 

38 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Scooter to further bring people to reality what are your thoughts on snowfall amounts from Friday for SNE. It’s ok...they need to kno. It’s very marginal and looks to go to rain baring a stronger secondary that doesn’t track over Boston.

looks like another Berks to S VT to MHT and Maine deal on GFS. Not locked in but probably favored .

I could see a nice 2-4 deal just inland from BOS. Maybe 1-2 for city? Decent airmass ahead of iT.