• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 2019 Discussion II

Typhoon Tip

That’s the danger with the set ups. There’s nothing really to stop it coming to the north west.  Sure the  vortex could press south , or the areas of Vorticity become stretched, but you’re gonna need help with zero blocking. There is certainly still time, but my gut is not a good feeling. We shall see.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

35 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

That’s the danger with the set ups. There’s nothing really to stop it coming to the north west.  Sure the  vortex could press south , or the areas of Vorticity become stretched, but you’re gonna need help with zero blocking. There is certainly still time, but my gut is not a good feeling. We shall see.

Big gut big feelings, we rain

4 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

You’ve got 25 and ice in the on air forecast this morning . Will you bring it up to 50 tonight based on an overamped Euro run?

Sure. Wouldn’t take much for the forecast to change. I also said in every weathercst that it wouldn’t take much for this to be a cutter and for us to get mainly rain.

20 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Mets have been saying with that sting high and cold press yiu just can’t cut or amp like Euro. 

Unless their thinking had changed in the last day, I think Scooter, Will maybe Ray (?) and others have never ruled out a cut scenario.  I'll let them speak for themselves of course.

EDIT:  I excluded the very important "never" from this post.

3 minutes ago, CT Rain said:

Sure. Wouldn’t take much for the forecast to change. I also said in every weathercst that it wouldn’t take much for this to be a cutter and for us to get mainly rain.

The rain in Maine falls mainly on the plain? The snow you know falls mainly on the Stowe? 

Now that's the theme of 18/19 winter so far

1 minute ago, Ginx snewx said:

Yep lol still think congrats Dendrite will be the theme with ratios approaching 20. I  would rather snow than sleet, sleet then ice, or rain then ice. 

That fits with the trends.  If the Euro has the right idea even this area would see a lot of that precip as sleet or rain.  Was hoping that Leon would get off his azz