Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Beggars can’t be Choosers strung out mess Jan 8/9

HoarfrostHubb

Just now, powderfreak said:

Yesterday I did my snow survey at the base area and found 26" of settled depth at 1,500ft with 6.5" of water in it. 

Settled snowpack should easily be 3 feet in the base area of the mountain by the end of this.

If I were you I’d walk thru the woods and toss some fiber gummies to the NW 

1 hour ago, Ginx snewx said:

Yea you  and Tamarack maybe in a death band, how much?

Unfortunately, it was blowing strong for a couple of hours and resulted in some drifting.  Maybe 5-6" thus far, will know better in the morning.  I think it'll peter out in another hour or so.  Not bad when I wasn't expecting more than an inch.  Trees are coated heavy. I have a 14 gauge wire up in the air that I use for ham radio and I bet it's got an inch of snow on it.  If it gets to blowing again tonight, I guarantee we'll lose power.

• Like 1

6.5”-7” here and still snowing lightly, not much accumulation though. Last night I was pretty pleased with my decision to leave the initial inch or two of crud because it meant my driveway did not become a skating rink. Tonight cleaning it, I was less happy with that decision. 

On a side note to my sledding compadres, the groomer rolled trough my hood about 4:30. All household chores will now be ignored for the most part until the season is done. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

Yea you  and Tamarack maybe in a death band, how much?

Never hit the crusher band.  After Tuesday's 2.2", yesterday featured 1.0" of overnight crud from 0.27" LE, then 0.18" of ZR/RA, followed by snow from about 10 AM to 8 PM, 3.7" from 0.70" LE.  Leaving off the ZR/RA, storm total 4.7" from 0.97" LE, ratio 4.8 to 1.  So far this snow season, my average ratio is 8:1.  20 winters' average here is 10.6.  Makes for a dense pack, 19" this morning and probably close to 5" SWE.

Roxy Rand Road, off Route 27 (Mile Hill Road) in New Sharon.  Probably got 8" there yesterday at elev. 900'.

IMG_0870.JPG