Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January Banter 2019

George BM

2 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

I made a similar post just a few weeks ago. All these borderline penalties just ruin the flow of games. I get it that the nfl wants offense 24/7 but its like defense isnt allowed to even breath on an offensive player anymore 

Family and life has to do with it but some of why I don't watch much unless the eagles are involved anymore is that.  I love defense. All my favorite games from my childhood were defensive games. House of pain game. Body bag game.  Maybe it's because I grew up watching great defense and mediocre offenses.  Eagles used to win games 10-6 back then. I remember a big game they won to make the playoffs 6-0. Lol. 

I know the game changed but come on. My favorite play of the year was that hit the bears put on the Vikings receiver last week. Blew him up. I was out of my seat. And it wasn't even my team. Feels like the NFL want to take that away. If I wanted to watch a 45-40 game I would watch arena football. 

1 hour ago, psuhoffman said:

Family and life has to do with it but some of why I don't watch much unless the eagles are involved anymore is that.  I love defense. All my favorite games from my childhood were defensive games. House of pain game. Body bag game.  Maybe it's because I grew up watching great defense and mediocre offenses.  Eagles used to win games 10-6 back then. I remember a big game they won to make the playoffs 6-0. Lol. 

I know the game changed but come on. My favorite play of the year was that hit the bears put on the Vikings receiver last week. Blew him up. I was out of my seat. And it wasn't even my team. Feels like the NFL want to take that away. If I wanted to watch a 45-40 game I would watch arena football. 

My opinion: There are two reasons 

1. I suspect that casual fans are a big part of the 15 -20 year boom in NFL ratings, and I suspect that casual fans like basketball on turf.

2. Legal liability: the NFL knows they are sitting on a poderkeg of liability for concussions.  Basketball on turf is probably safer.

5 minutes ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

It was like the 6 or 7th missed fg via  hitting the upright this year.  He had 4 in one game.  NBC rolled a tape showing each.  Bizarre.

Very odd. And he made the first kick easily. Those damn 'freeze the kicker' timeouts never work! lol. The Bears will have a new kicker soon.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

It was like the 6 or 7th missed fg via  hitting the upright this year.  He had 4 in one game.  NBC rolled a tape showing each.  Bizarre.

He couldn't stand on the goalline and throw the ball 50 times and hit the upright 6 times...unbelievable 

34 minutes ago, cbmclean said:

I honestly feel bad for that kicker.  Gotta imagine the locker room is not the most comfortable place for him right now.

We have seen that multiple times. It’s part of the game. Needs a sports psychologist like golfers have. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, supernovasky said:

Foles is pretty awesome. After watching that game I honestly think we would have had a better shot with Chicago, though I'm glad we're not playing the Cowboys - elite LB play is our kryptonite.

Eagles have a tough QB decision to make this offseason.

I loved Foles the first time we had him....I was an exception. I’ve never doubted him. Yeah he can get in a funk but so can any good QB. If wentz goes I’m ok with it. Foles is a healthier an. Throw the franchise tag on Foles for a few years and see where we can go. He’s only 29. 

Unlikely to happen but i'm rooting for SD. I loved Fouts, Chandler, Joiner, Kelcher etc. The chargers we're a common 4pm game after the skins so i grew into a fan. Defense sucked so they could barely win playoff games. Lol

I've always liked Rivers so imo he deserves to play in the SB before he retires. Long shot but 2 wins away. 

• Like 2

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic