Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Banter 2019

George BM

3 minutes ago, BristowWx said:

If we can’t get a snow storm in that pattern then, and I am going to use some harsh language,  I am going to be darn disappointed.  

You can bet on complaining from worry worts and the debs.  “I’m only getting 7” and a place NW of me that averages 25% more is getting 10”...waaaah”

Just now, nj2va said:

You can bet on complaining from worry worts and the debs.  “I’m only getting 7” and a place NW of me that averages 25% more is getting 10”...waaaah”

Still looking at the 2m temp anomaly at 384...still in the red..how can that be.  Nothing comes easy in the MA...

18 minutes ago, nj2va said:

@yoda gotta hand it to the Pens...they’re playing lights out right now.  Hockey is one of those streaky sports where teams will have their ebbs and flows.  Right now the Pens are red hot.  Caps are playing flat and messy although their 3rd period last night was one of their best periods in a while.  

This is something that a lot of Caps fans (Particularly new fans) need to realize. It's a marathon, not a sprint. Idk if you remember how horrendous we were in February last year, but we were actually pathetic to watch. Look what happened later...lol. It's all about finding your stride heading toward the playoffs. Get the crap play out of the way now and get hot in February and March. Pens are a good hockey team. They will always be in it. I never once thought they'd miss the playoffs this year. Should lead to entertaining hockey down the stretch. Btw, really sucks being the only hockey fan out here. I had someone ask me who the Capitals were when I had my jacket on the other day.....

20 minutes ago, MillvilleWx said:

This is something that a lot of Caps fans (Particularly new fans) need to realize. It's a marathon, not a sprint. Idk if you remember how horrendous we were in February last year, but we were actually pathetic to watch. Look what happened later...lol. It's all about finding your stride heading toward the playoffs. Get the crap play out of the way now and get hot in February and March. Pens are a good hockey team. They will always be in it. I never once thought they'd miss the playoffs this year. Should lead to entertaining hockey down the stretch. Btw, really sucks being the only hockey fan out here. I had someone ask me who the Capitals were when I had my jacket on the other day.....

Absolutely.  With a season (and playoffs) as long as it is, no team will stay hot the entire season.  We’re just coming off a hot streak from Nov/Dec.  As you said, its honestly about playing your best and finding your stride at the right time.  One of the best things about the Caps winning last year is that it introduced hockey to a whole new market of people that never really watched...now most of those will just be bandwagon/casual fans but hopefully the appeal of hockey in DC continues to grow.  Redskins (eye roll) continue to dominate sports talk, etc but its gotten less and less over the years.  

I got into hockey when I moved to DC over 10 years ago and became an instant Caps fan and my passion for hockey has grown ever since.  Just in those ten years, so many ups and downs of emotions as a Caps fan...which will continue. ;) 

• Like 1

Looks like 3-4 feet of snow on Donner's Summit. Live streaming cam on I-80. Only 1-2 feet at Teton Pass, cams there as well. Winds could gust to 100mph on the Summit. Good show next 72 hours. 

I have talked to the weather Gods. The curse may be lifted for the mid Atlantic, in 96 hrs.

Scud...

1 minute ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Not big into poetry, But I always loved this one-

Pitcher
by Robert Francis

His art is eccentricity, his aim
How not to hit the mark he seems to aim at,

His passion how to avoid the obvious,
His technique how to vary the avoidance.

The others throw to be comprehended. He
Throws to be a moment misunderstood.

Yet not too much. Not errant, arrant, wild,
But every seeming aberration willed.

Not to, yet still, still to communicate
Making the batter understand too late.

That was really well done. I'm pretty sure I've read a few Robert Francis poems in my time. Name sounds familiar

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, frd said:

Wow 

The Italian Alps are no joke. Might actually be the greatest snow spot on Earth. I have a friend stationed in Ramstein, Germany as a Weather Officer. He frequents the Alps and he said the snow they get there is astonishing. Pure powder too. They've had 500" winters out that way. Spectacular and a place I would love to visit one day. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MillvilleWx said:

The Italian Alps are no joke. Might actually be the greatest snow spot on Earth. I have a friend stationed in Ramstein, Germany as a Weather Officer. He frequents the Alps and he said the snow they get there is astonishing. Pure powder too. They've had 500" winters out that way. Spectacular and a place I would love to visit one day. 

It looks surreal. I would love to be able to walk amongst those drifts.

Words do no justice if you are a snow lover.   

Your friend is lucky. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, frd said:

It looks surreal. I would love to be able to walk amongst those drifts.

Words do no justice if you are a snow lover.   

Your friend is lucky. 

The weenie rule of thumb is then europe is getting pummeled the east coast is basking in lameness. Rule is working well i see.

1 minute ago, Bob Chill said:

The weenie rule of thumb is then europe is getting pummeled the east coast is basking in lameness. Rule is working well i see.

Yes, for the time being.

I bet you enjoy taking a stroll with the dog over there, even more than the 32 inches you got a couple years ago.  

My tiny dog  would need a GPS and doggie snow shoes....

Just now, frd said:

Yes, for the time being.

I bet you enjoy taking a stroll with the dog over there, even more than the 32 inches you got a couple years ago.  

My tiny dog  would need a GPS and doggie snow shoes....

I went to Italy in 2015 during may. Amazing country. Loved every place we visited. One of the coolest things was travelling from Portofino to Camogli (spelled wrong i'm sure) the Italian Alps were clearly visible rising up in the distance above the Mediterranean Sea. Covered in snow of course. That's as close as i got but will never forget the scenery that day.

15 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

I went to Italy in 2015 during may. Amazing country. Loved every place we visited. One of the coolest things was travelling from Portofino to Camogli (spelled wrong i'm sure) the Italian Alps were clearly visible rising up in the distance above the Mediterranean Sea. Covered in snow of course. That's as close as i got but will never forget the scenery that day.

Nice, my wife would like us to take a family vacation there in a couple years. So much to explore, so little time. 

4 minutes ago, frd said:

Nice, my wife would like us to take a family vacation there in a couple years. So much to explore, so little time. 

It's always like that. Was there for 10 days and felt like we didn't scratch the surface. We plan on going to Ireland next and go for 2 weeks. 2 weeks seems long but as we plan our itinerary it's obvious that 2 weeks will barely scratch the surface there. 

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic