Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Banter 2019

George BM

17 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Yeah Wince is an injury waiting to happen. A real wuss.

I actually would keep Foles and trade Wentz for a top pick and a player.  Not because I think Wentz isnt good, or that Foles is necessarily better, but its obvious Foles is "good enough" to win with and Wentz is a major injury risk to give that kind of money too and if they choose Wentz Foles walks for nothing...but if they keep Foles its cheaper and they can get something good for Wentz.  Makes sense to me but I think the team is committed to Wentz no matter what. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, yoda said:

Lol not after you lose to the Bears tomorrow

I am done making predictions with them.  I left them for dead weeks ago then they suddenly go on a tear and beat two division winners back to back and look like its last year again.  I have no idea if the last 3 weeks was just a fluke or somehow they got back to whatever mojo they had all last season.  We will see tomorrow. 

42 minutes ago, supernovasky said:

I'd love to face the Eagles over the Bears though...

Jokes aside, I do it too, but it's kind of silly rooting for a specific team to "win" because they would be easier when unless its a fluke kind of win...they BEAT the team you thought was better.  LOL.  I got burned doing that very thing for years.  I remember rooting for Tampa in 2002 because we had crushed them 4 times in a row including that season then they killed us in the NFC championship.  I remember "rooting" for Carolina in 2003 because we crushed them during the regular season down there and then they beat us at home in the NFC Championship.  I remember "rooting" for the Cardinals in 2009 because we beat them by like 30 points on Thanksgiving that year then they beat us in the NFC Championship.  Not saying the Eagles are the worse matchup, in reality the Saints are the team I would least like to play, it's a bad matchup for the Eagles banged up secondary, BUT in general the rooting for the "weaker" team thing hasnt worked well for me. 

1 minute ago, psuhoffman said:

Jokes aside, I do it too, but it's kind of silly rooting for a specific team to "win" because they would be easier when unless its a fluke kind of win...they BEAT the team you thought was better.  LOL.  I got burned doing that very thing for years.  I remember "rooting" for Carolina in 2003 because we crushed them during the regular season down there and then they beat us at home in the NFC Championship.  I remember "rooting" for the Cardinals in 2009 because we beat them by like 30 points on Thanksgiving that year then they beat us in the NFC Championship.  Not saying the Eagles are the worse matchup, in reality the Saints are the team I would least like to play, it's a bad matchup for the Eagles banged up secondary, BUT in general the rooting for the "weaker" team thing hasnt worked well for me. 

All true.

But the fact of the matter remains, we had a great game against the Eagles.

Dallas on the other hand, they are sickeningly well matched against us.

3 minutes ago, supernovasky said:

Go Eagles.

I really don't want to play Dallas in the dome.

Dallas was 10-6, the Eagles are 9-7 but won 5 of their last 6.  When they played in Dallas a few weeks ago the game went into overtime.  The first game was also a one possession game that went down to the last drive.  The talent and play of those two teams right now is negligible imo.   Not sure why you are scared of the Cowboys.  Your loss was in Dallas in a game they needed WAY more than you did.  Dallas was in a street fight with the Eagles for the division, you were walking away with it.  That matters.  When you faced the Eagles you were at home, the Eagles were at their most banged up point of the season ( I think we were missing 6 defensive starters in that game) and were a hot mess at that point.  They turned things around and got some key players back.  You are probably biased by your personal experience vs the two teams this season but honestly they are both about equal right now at this moment.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, psuhoffman said:

Dallas was 10-6, the Eagles are 9-7 but won 5 of their last 6.  When they played in Dallas a few weeks ago the game went into overtime.  The first game was also a one possession game that went down to the last drive.  The talent and play of those two teams right now is negligible imo.   Not sure why you are scared of the Cowboys.  Your loss was in Dallas in a game they needed WAY more than you did.  Dallas was in a street fight with the Eagles for the division, you were walking away with it.  That matters.  When you faced the Eagles you were at home, the Eagles were at their most banged up point of the season ( I think we were missing 6 defensive starters in that game) and were a hot mess at that point.  They turned things around and got some key players back.  You are probably biased by your personal experience vs the two teams this season but honestly they are both about equal right now at this moment.

I'm definitely biased and I absolutely understand the banged up aspect... by the Dallas game, we were missing 2 pro bowl O-linemen, and by the end of the season, we were playing with absolutely none of our starting linemen. I do think we're probably OK against Dallas in the dome, but seriously man... I never want to see Van Der Esch on the same field as Brees again.

28 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

Nick Foles is much better. 

• Like 1

“Epic pattern coming “ where have I herd that before? The next two weeks look boring and dry. Then the so called epic change happens 18-20 lasting until mid March they say. I hope the so called experts are correct! I got my back up propane tank filled yesterday fully expecting to be buried in feet and feet of snow and trapped in my house one can dream.

8 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

They’re melting, jumping, and spontaneously combusting in all the threads. It’s almost entirely unreadable.

A few drive bys from uniformed NYC forum weenies this morning isn’t helping matters up there.  That central PA snowstorm guy needs to add some of his drivel up there...like pouring gasoline on a fire.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, psuhoffman said:

When Wentz is healthy (rare) it's a good debate. But Foles is definitely better than the banged up shell of himself Wentz was all year this season. 

You think the Eagles can win today?  Even cover the spread, maybe take the Eagles with 6?

I think we see the same indications form the SB game. If Foles looks good first 15 minutes , and can get the offense going,  might win the game.

And I thought Wallace was going to play last week still not able to. 

Lastly, this would be the week for Golden Tate to get 100 yards in the air, and be golden .  

10 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

It is beyond clear. He needs to be five posted or banned from the forum. 

There's something odd going on with his account too.  Did you guys notice that his post counter never indexes forward?   He's posted way more than 20 posts (unfortunately), yet the post counter on his avatar is stuck on 20 (or something like that).  He may be using a VPN and dialing in from somewhere untowardly.  Some VPNs and/or onion routers can impact counters.  Perhaps a mod can access his IP and run a trace.  And if he reads this, fine.  Perhaps let it serve as some forewarning. 

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic