• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SWineman
    Newest Member
    SWineman
Amos83

December 8-10 Winter Storm Obs

In SW Concord   Heavy Sleet falling. light glaze on trees.... Had two heavy snow events with this bust of a storm for me. One at 12:30AM  and one at 4:30am... was heavy wet snow... the sleet has piled up to around 2"

Just now, JovialWeather said:

I'd say about 7 inches in north Raleigh just a tiny bit north of 540 near Six Forks. Mostly sleet now. Drove wife to work at 6am in Durham and didn't make it home until almost 9 (albeit I had some fun on a few back roads heading back). Interstate was definitely rough this morning. Lots of accidents and saw one spin out right in front of us. People are maniacs sometimes trying to pass a line of cars at 60mph. In any event, thanks to all of you folks for helping make following weather so much fun. Enjoyed the lead up to this storm and everyone's commentary and input. Hope we get to do this a few more times over the next few months!

879799506_20181209_084406(1).thumb.jpg.e59688fb577e52edd12d1b22ce9a41ea.jpg

You must be really near me!  We have 7” off of Norwood Rd.  It was a mix of sleet and snow but now it’s back to all snow.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, FallsLake said:

Still snowing up my way but I think the transition is very close. I have around 9". Not too shabby. 

That's awesome Falls!  I'd say we have about 5 to 6 inches here in Apex but have switched to rain.  Admittedly that's more than I was expecting.  My thoughts were we'd get 2 to 3 before changing over.

2 minutes ago, FallsLake said:

It's been a good ride. Still snow. 

We had a mix but now it’s back to all snow.  I know the rain is coming so I told our kids to enjoy it now!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, snowinnc said:

You must be really near me!  We have 7” off of Norwood Rd.  It was a mix of sleet and snow but now it’s back to all snow.

Yup! Drove through Norwood on the way back. Got stuck behind some plows for a while, but made the drive even easier lol.

If you believe the HRRR northern Wake will fight the  transition line for the next 4 hours, It looks to even push back southward temporarily before moving back northward. Folks that stay all snow can get a few more inches. 

• Like 1

Oh man, just incredible rates right now in Oak ridge. It’s raining snow if that makes any sense at all.   26 degrees and heading out to measurly shortly, but we’ve got to be nearing 9-10” if I had to guess 

• Like 1

Just now, FallsLake said:

If you believe the HRRR northern Wake will fight the  transition line for the next 4 hours, It looks to even push back southward temporarily before moving back northward. Folks that stay all snow can get a few more inches. 

Well I haven’t believed it in the past but I will hug it now.  My husband told me that rain should be here in the next hour.

1 minute ago, aldamon said:

This band over Durham is insane.

Downtown? Down by Southpoint we keep struggling with sleet. But when it was snowing, it looked like it could be amazing.

Just now, WidreMann said:

Downtown? Down by Southpoint we keep struggling with sleet. But when it was snowing, it looked like it could be amazing.

Still all snow here and just pouring

CAD is now eroding. DP's should gradually rise the next several hours. Melting should begin now through tonight for most NC locations. Great for the kid's. They won't be out of school that long! 

hrrr_Td2m_seus_19.png